Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
I am interested in hearing feedback from those that own or have driven Tige's new value line? I would also like to see pics of interior... wake... size.. shape etc... and just general comments. This is the one boat I inquired about... but I never drove or even saw one.. so I ended up buying something else... but I would really liek to see some pics and what owners think. Thanks
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-17-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
Kyle,
We have a new switch V. So far so good. PP had a little issue that was resolved in a day. We blew a fuse that worked all the accessory gauges, but that was also resolved quickly. So now that the negatives are out of the way....

Sweet wake, not huge but it is plenty. The stock ballast (~600 lbs) is adequate, could use a little more. We had ballast full and 9 people in the boat and the wake was pretty large. Taps works great to shape the wake. Interior is minimalist, which is what we were looking for (we have a house on the lake, so we are not in the boat that long). The ride is incredible for a 20ft. boat. We boat at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri, very busy lake. The fit and finish of the boat is nice, not flashy, not MC or Nautique, or Bu, but it is less expensive.

IMHO if you aren't looking for perfect fit and finish or a very plush interior but want a boat that throws a nice wake, is entry level, and has good solid foundation (engine 335hp vortec, all composite construction). All in all it is a great boat.

Switch V

Old     (ssrgeoff)      Join Date: May 2004       06-17-2004, 8:59 PM Reply   
rumor is that the 05 Switch will have a more plush interior like there bigger brothers.
Old    shawnb            06-18-2004, 8:26 AM Reply   
I test drove a Switch V last week and was impressed with the boat overall. It is solid from top to bottom. The boat definately needs weight, even though the salesperson will probably tell you different. Compare this picture I took (23mph) with KJ's picture above.

Wake with no ballast

Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-18-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
I forgot to mention that the picture of the wake is with stock ballast full, 3 people in the boat, taps at 5, at 20.0 mph on PP, factory speedo reads nearly 22mph. Don't know which to believe!!
Old    shawnb            06-18-2004, 10:05 AM Reply   
KJ,

It looks like the stock ballast really does the trick. Did you get the rider's core for the bow as well?

The SwitchV I looked at did not have the factory ballast and the salesperson said that it cannot be retro-fitted because of the way the Life-Core hull is put together. Too bad, because your wake looks VERY nice.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-18-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
ShawnB,
The only thing we have is the stock ballast. I actually don't know what the rider's core is. I am sure you could add a ballast system aftermarket. Look at Rival ballast systems, somebody on here sells them. I have heard that they put them in Tige's all the time.
Old    rmarion            06-18-2004, 2:54 PM Reply   
Here's a picture of our wake w/ no ballast, 6 people. I thought it was on the small size, until I rode it.
22i wake
Old    shawnb            06-21-2004, 6:44 AM Reply   
According to the dealer, the 'Rider's Core' is an option for lead weights in the bow. You could have up to 8 100# lead wieghts added for 100 bucks each. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else -- including tige's website.
Old    ilovetrains            06-21-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
I test drove a switch V, my impressions:
-incredibly solid feel
-kinda small (I wanted something bigger than 20 ft)
-fit and finish just not there
-wake nice shape, but kinda small

I liked the simplistic dash - but the edges of the fiberglass console lacked finishing. The interior colors were dull and unappealing, and I understand there is only one interior. All said - an incredible bargain really. The stock price was 40K and they let me know they had "lots" or room to work.

One other note, the hull felt incredibly strong. It did not sink an inch in the water when filling the tanks. I think you could really pimp this boat how you like it. It would take tons of weight.