Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (8159)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-22-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
thinking of changing maxum 1800sr3 2007 p/pass and high 5 for new 2009 moomba outback v is it worth chanage.i don't know anything about moomba just a way to get v drive they look very nice i still think better than an i/o only do about 70 hours a year and we are no pro wakeborders just fun.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Moomba makes a quality boat. They seem to get nicer and nicer every year! It will be a night and day difference between an I/O and a tournament boat. The Outback V is a crossover boat so it sounds like it would be right up your alley. Good luck!
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
Yeah, Moomba is about as inexpensive as you can get. They used to be considered a little cheesy, but the quality has come a long long way especially in recent years. IMO their current boats are quite high quality. They dont have all the bells and whistles and chrome trim and accents that the more expensive boats have, but if youre looking for a core inboard, they have quality hulls and engines. If I could afford one, Id have a mobius parked at the dock.
Old     (tomcat22)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-22-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
last year i sold my maxum 1800 and got a supra 22ssv, it is like bb12 said its a night and day difference. I will never have a i/o after have a v-drive boat. moomba is a all around good boat and dont think u would have any regrets.

(Message edited by tomcat-22 on August 22, 2008)
Old     (sotx)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-22-2008, 9:58 AM Reply   
I have owned two Moomba's. My current boat is the XLV Garvity Games Edition. Mine is an 05. I love this boat. The only thing I have had to replace is the thermostat. It runs great, it holds 16 people, throws a great wake and it cost way less than a nautique or an MC. Go with a Moomba you will not regret it.
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
The 09 outback V is totally re-designed I heard its under 20 feet (to meet small boat lake restrictions), has better freeboard and a deeper V. Cant wait for the wake reviews- I have an 07 outback V and love it!!!!!!!!

(Message edited by jay_G on August 22, 2008)
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-22-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
I'm on my second Moomba as well and have never had a single problem. I have an 07 LSV and love it. The 09 Outback V looks killer, check out the moomba forums for pics of it. It's shorter and wider than before, but it looks like it has the same ammount of room. Moomba builds a great boat for less money than all the other big brands. They are built on the same production line as the Supras with the same materials. Go to your local dealer and take one for a test drive, you won't regret it.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-23-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
another rep for Moomba

I own an 08 Outback V with 120 hours already, and it has been an amazing, problem free summer on the water!
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
on my 2nd.. 04 Outback to 06 LSV. 200 hrs and love it.
Plenty good for most riders..
I have had no quality issues as many suggest.
Indmar engines, ZF hurth trans..
08 and newer even have awesome warrantys..
Nows the time to get a new one~!
Old     (moman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-24-2008, 1:43 PM Reply   
Can't say enough about Moomba. I have an 06 LSV with 500 hours on it. Completely trouble free. For the money it is hard to beat. The wake is great and if you are just rec. riding it's awesome. You won't be sorry.
Old     (big_boss)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-24-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
Over 100 hours on my 2007 Outback V, its a great boat, I've had no problems. The interior depth is a little low so watch the bow, especially if there are surfers around, but as long as you pay attention, its no big deal.