Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-09-2005, 11:47 AM Reply   
I have been looking at purchasing a used boat and have run up on this boat and was told that you could put a 600# bag in rear locker and 400-500# in ski locker and would have a great wake. Any experienced opinions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
SportNautiqueonwater
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-09-2005, 6:18 PM Reply   
Mike I hope so because I also went from a VLX to an DD nautique. I bought an 02 Air Nautique witch is the same as the sport hull, just has ballast options and dif. graphics. I have yet to put mine in the water but have heard the earlier models have a better wake than the newer hullls that are more refined to favor slalom wakes.
I think the #600 in the rear is on top of the stock ballast plus the #400-500 locker sac.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-09-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
i had on 01 air, we put a 500 in the rear locker and 500 in the ski locker + the stock ballest. the wake was really nice. i don't think you could go wrong
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-10-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
This boat doesn't have any stock ballast.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2005, 6:47 AM Reply   
I believe the stock ballast on an Air is just 300 or 400lbs in the back (2 tanks, left & right) boot. In this way the boot gets less deeper. If you fill the back boot completly and put a sac in the skilocker the wake is great.

I don't think you can go wrong with this boat. The Air and SAN's are based on this hull.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       01-10-2005, 7:52 AM Reply   
You need about 900-1000 lbs in the rear and 500-600 in the front.

Factory ballast is 415 lbs.

Wake is comparable to a Super Air when weighted properly since they are built on almost the exact same hull. The only real difference is the Super Air hull is about 3" taller in the back.