Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (svguy)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-11-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
First, I would like to thank everyone on this thread for the past year. I have found the discussions to be extremely helpful for determining what I want in a new boat. I am coming down do a decision between an Malibu LSV and a Supra 24 SSV. My lake is large(Buchannan) and gets pretty choppy sometimes so I want a boat that is big enough so that my family doesn't get roughed up if we are far from home when a front blows in. I have yet to test drive the two boats so that will tell me a lot. Rather than asking which boat is better, I would like some guidance about dealers in Austin. I have already heard several good things about the SC dealer in town (South Austin Marine). What about the Malibu dealer (Central Texas Water sports)? Any comments? Thanks in advance.
Old    zboomer            12-11-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
2nd the good words for SAM. I bought my SSV there, very good experience. Love the boat as well.

Fyi, I love the LSV's, but the 24SSV is a lot bigger. Plus, the wakeplate really helps in rough water.
Old    matt_dettman            12-12-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
Speaking as a Tige' dealer, go see Del at The Ski Dock and drive a Tige' v drive on the roughest water you can find. I rarely lose a head to head demo on Lake Mead. JMHO...
Old     (bradstang)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-14-2004, 7:31 PM Reply   
Why not ask each dealer for 4 references, 2 good & 2 bad. I bought mine from SAM, I have been happy with my purchase. I did talk with the CTWS and they were a vary freindly, but I did not know of any feed back on their service dept. I knew other that were happy with SAM's service dept, so I went with the SSV.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       12-15-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
My experiences with the two when shopping for a boat was SAM treated me better. Could of been just the sales guy but CTWS lost me with a single phone call. And I like Malibu's second only to Nautiques.

I have had friends with service department issues with CTWS. Have never heard anything good or bad with SAM service.

Either way you go your right about needing a large boat on Buchanan that can handle the chop. That is one rough lake even on fairly mild days.
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 8:16 AM Reply   
I have a pal who has purchased a boat from SAM and has dealt with CTWS.

Nothing but bad reports with CTWS, nothing but good reports from SAM.

The Dallas area Malibu dealer treated much better than CTWS.

If your primary concern was rough water driving (it was top of my list) take a look at Sanger v215/v230 - Its comparable in quality/price/options to the Supra (v215=SSV, v230=24SSV). There is a dealer in Houston (www.natiqueway.com) I think a dealer in Dallas (just a rumor I heard). I tested many boats out, and I ended up with Sanger. I have never driven a new VLX though.
Old     (supraboard)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-17-2004, 6:38 AM Reply   
Ed-
If there is any way I can help you out let me know. I have taken the 24SSv out a couple of times and was really surprised by the agility the boat possessed even being that large. And if you have any service questions I can put you in touch with one of our 2 service managers.

Hunter McDonald
South Austin Marine
Old    b52_man            12-17-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Ed and All,

My name is Robert Blankenship and I'm the new MB Sports dealer in town. I own Hill Country Boats in Austin and would just like to throw our MB's new B52 V23 Team Edition into the mix for a comparison with the Malibu and the Supra. Those are really great boats, but I would love to arrange a test drive and would encourage the other dealers to arrange open water tests with all boats at Lake Buchanan for you Ed and your family. Hunter Mcdonald at South Austin Marine is one of the bests guys around town promoting wakeboarding and is very honest. I'm sure that he would drag a boat out with me to help you tests them out.
Old    zboomer            12-17-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Robert, nice to see another inboard dealer in town! I like MB Sports boats, although I've never actually even been in one, lol. They sure look cool.
Old     (supraboard)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-04-2005, 9:01 AM Reply   
Robert-
Thanks for the plug, you guys are doing a great job with MB and I look forward to checking out the 23 at the show. For you guys here in Austin the 360 wakeboard club will be hosting a party Saturday night at Aussie's on Barton Springs with videos and some give aways.
http://www.360wakeboard.com
http://aussiesbar.com/
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-04-2005, 9:45 AM Reply   
This is nice seeing Dealers in the same area talking good on each other! Very impressive guys... Keep the integrity high and customers will continue to enjoy doing business with your dealerships!

I give you both props! Ed I don't think you can go wrong with these dealers posting on here.
Old     (gatorboardstx)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-06-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
All I can say is that CTWS has really stepped up helping our local wakeboard club with our events this last year, so I don't have anything bad to say. Also I know that out of the 200+ Malibu Dealers Worldwide, that only 11 of those recieve a Gold Service award and CTWS was one of those 11 the last 2 years.}
Old    billy_g            01-06-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
There's always going to be those one or two people that you just can't make happy no matter what. ALL dealers have those customers & on a message board your going to get alot of biased opinions.

My good friend Glen V. has been taking his old Malibu Response there for over 9 years and has never had an issue. Also, there have been customers that have bought 6-7 boats over the last 10 years from CTWS, so I'm sure refferences from loyal customers can be provided. (good service = loyal customers)

I'm not a boat salesman, I'm a promo rider for Malibu and CTWS. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I would be glad to take a 23 LSV and put it head to head with any of these boats. You'll imediately notice the Malibu difference.

and Micah, haven't you been out at CTWS checking out that LSV? let's go ride...

Old    joe_s            01-07-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
I agree with the last post. I've owned 3 Malibus, and never had an issue with CTWS. In fact, the guys there have always been great to me. Trust me, if you're going to be on Buchanan, you want to be in a Malibu. I've ridden in a friend's Supra, and Malibu is just a better boat. Period. Take a look at a 3 year old Supra compared to a 3 year old Malibu. Big Big difference. Have you ridden in a Malibu?
Old    tigeaznick            01-08-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
OK, first for the shameless Tige' plug; I work for the Tige' dealer in Phoenix, but I spent 5 years working for The Ski Dock, so of course I'm going to suggest you go see the guys over there and at least demo a 24v. They're all a great bunch of guys and I know first hand that customer service is a number one priority, from Del - the owner, down to every employee!

Now, regarding other Austin dealers, I can tell you that Hunter at SAM has been a very close friend of mine for years and I know that he'll do everything he can to take care of you. I also worked closely with Hunter (as well as Billy and Stone) on the board for the 360 Wakeboard Club. He was always working hard to make sure that every member / sponsor / dealer involved with the club was happy and taken care of. If you have indeed made your mind made up between Supra and Malibu, make sure you go see Hunter. You'll definitely get first rate service.

But go drive the Tige' first!

(Message edited by tigeaznick on January 08, 2005)
Old    zboomer            01-10-2005, 8:06 AM Reply   
Billy, as a matter of fact yes, I've been by CTWS, but checking out a VLX, not LSV.

I do 90% of my riding on lake Georgetown, with 4-5 peeps, and don't think I need the 23-footer. Plus, I want it to fit in my garage, lol. I've waffled back and forth on the decision of 21 vs. 23, but keep going back to the 21.

If I can get them to give me a decent trade in, I might get one, lol. (they're quite a big off what others have offered me right now)
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-10-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
feel the austin love :-)