Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old    scooterx            01-09-2005, 5:00 PM Reply   
Has any one seen the wake on the x-45? How much wider is it at 75' than an X-Star. I plan on buying one of these two boats during the boat season and the room on the X-45 is impressive. I'll never be a pro rider but will I be disappointed with the X-45 wake? My lake is big and gets choppy on the weekends/afternoons and I need something that can handle the chop. Has anyone seen any third party evaluations of the X-45? It seems it came out too late for the buyers guide. Any help or pics or specs on the wake will help. I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I test ride. Thanks...

Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       01-10-2005, 9:18 AM Reply   
I think you should go to your local dealer and test drive them
Old    scooterx            01-10-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
As soon as the ice melts I will test drive them. Thanks!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
Thomas,

http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=534
Old    scooterx            01-10-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
Thanks, Paul. I missed this one in my original search.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Thomas,
In case you didn't see, here's a thread with a link to pictures. You have to be logged in to view the pictures.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1254

Regarding the mymastercraft thread...it's not really a 3rd party perspective, but I give the poster much respect. He is a MasterCraft dealer, but doesn't hold back with things that he'd like to see change in the product line(s).

Good luck with your search.
Paul
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-10-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
I would have to say the x-star is the way to go, but keep in mind its the most wakeboarding specific boat on the market. The x-45 is a nice boat{saw it at the boat show}, but after talking to Paul at ON The Edge, he did say the x-star is a much better producing wake boat. But if you interested in more space and are willing to sacrifice a little wake performance then go for the x-45, after all it a mastercraft. You know
the wake will still be great. Also maybe I am
a little biased , after all I own a 04 x-star.
: )
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-10-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
"After All" .....nice!