Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-04-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
I just got an Otter oPod case for my iPod for Christmas. It is a protective case that is supposed to be waterproof, sand proof, and crush proof. They say it can be used in the gym, pool, hiking, biking, kayaking, and snowsports. I imagined using it for skiing to protect my iPod for getting wet, but if it is fully waterproof and recommended for the pool could you use it wakeboarding? Has anyone used it for this? I have the iPod headphones that are shaped like an earplug and insert into the ear. Can the headphones be used in water or would I need a custom set? It just seems weird that the case could allow you to use the iPod in water. Here is a link to their site if anyone is interested. http://otterbox.com/
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-05-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I dont think it is water proof. It is coming though for the mini.

The interactive water resistant membrane keeps your iPod® safe at the beach, pool, river, lake or just walking in the rain
Anywhere your active lifestyle takes you... To the gym, pool, hiking, biking, kayaking, canoeing, snowsports... Have the peace of mind that your iPod® is safe in the oPod™ Apple iPod case.
iPod mini users:

“OtterBox is designing the fully waterproof oPod mini case to fit the Apple iPod mini and give the same level of iPod protection as our full-size cases. We expect this new line of iPod cases to be available by February 2005”
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-05-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
Yeah with the pool reference though, and in the manual it says it's perfect for swimming, biking, etc. it makes me believe it's water tight. I know water resistant isn't water proof though that's why I'm skeptical. Anyone out there have any experience with this.