Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-26-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
My garage was broken into last week and I had my 6 Infinity Kappa's stolen from my Wetbox and my subs and amps stolen. I had 6 6.5" kappas, 2 JL subs, and a JL and PPI amp. Now I need a new set-up. I'll probably go with 2 10W7's with JL or Orion amps but now but need recommendations to replace my 6 6.5" coax's with? Need better then Kappa's for the next round? CDT? Any advice?
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-26-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
First advice to to get a security system for your garage.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoever stole them knows you are most likely going to replace them and will be back.. Maybe a starving pitbull in there will help
Old    whitechocolate            12-26-2004, 10:50 PM Reply   
Andrew "Great advice" any one who break's into a your garage to steal kappas out of a tower box is on Crack IMO. Not that they are crappy or anything but the balls of some people, what the hell is the world comming to. "When a man's boat isnt even safe in his own dam garage" Its time to open a can of whoop ass. Tmorefi Sorry to hear about your loss. If you wants to throw in some W-7's drop your boat off and I ll hook you right up.
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-27-2004, 7:43 AM Reply   
I know, unfortunately, I think it was my gardner who took them and he took those speakers instead everything else worth a ton more moeny. Anyways, insurance claim is coming to town. Any help on louder 6.5's?

Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-27-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
tmorefi:
Hey I know this suck alot and if you have already called your insurance company and presented a claim never mind. But if I were you I would total up entire loss on paper, review my policy for deductible amount and subtract it. If the claim is high, turn it in. If its marginal I would eat ---- on it and not turn it in. I guarntee you will be cancelled upon renewal. All insurance companes are gonna see that loss on a CLUE report as a property theft form your residence and your are going to have a heck of a time finding replacement coverage and it may even effect your homeowners policy as that where loss orignated. It will double or triple I assure you the boat premium. Email me and I will give you my office number if you need additional information.

Rick
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-27-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
Rick, I have heard that froma few dif agents concerning claims.. My question to you is, what good is insurance if you can not make a claim? We pay the premiums, pay our deductables yet you and other agents tell us not to make claims. Then why don't the agents tell us that in the begining when we are getting the insurance. With that being said, the agents should be encouraging us to have huge deductables which in turn would lower our premiums. Please explain or tell us what a "worthy" claim would be.. A dollar figure would be great. I am in no way flaming you , I am just curious
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       12-27-2004, 9:40 AM Reply   
Tmorefi,
Boat was in your garage and still gets hit. That sucks! Sorry about getting ripped off. I too would consider an alarm system for your garage.

Re: insurance…I had some stuff stolen from my boat last summer when I was forced to leave my boat at a car dealership in the middle of BFE after having some trailer trouble on the way back from a road trip. I had vests, docking lines, surfboard and some other misc. stuff stolen, but fortunately they got spooked and bailed without getting my stereo. Like Rick mentioned, I did eat the cost of the items after looking at the insurance deductible and considering my premiums.

Rick,
I know you put together an article on insurance a while back. (Maybe a new thread again..?) What is your take on having car/home/boat all with the same company? I know the pricing for total premium is more competitive with the discount… but my concern is… would a small car or boat claim affect my home-owners premiums or cause me to get dropped? How often is too often for claims in the eyes of an insurance company? Are certain types of claims more likely to translate to loss of coverage or higher premiums?
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-28-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
tmorefi,
That really sucks, sorry to hear about it.
Since we are in the same locale, give me a ring if you want, I may have an offer of interest for you.....Nice Boat!
Maybe between me and Grant you can get a big head start on your comeback.
408-569-6040
D out
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       12-28-2004, 10:00 PM Reply   
Tmorefi,

Did they scratch the powdercoat on your tower? They did on mine, and I got it all covered as an entire recoat for the tower, $750 worth. I haven't got it coated yet, as I havent finished doing mods to it, but I did get the money anyway. Look into if you don't want to get stuck with the deductable. My claim was over 2800 and that was just basic stuff, speakers, amp, boardrack, stuff like that. My brother had actually machined all of the cans and accesories. My insurance maybe went up like 50 bucks, it may have not have changed either, I haven't looked. Use the insurance, its what you pay for. Nickel and dime the F*** out of them.

All you who want to bi*** about insurance premiums, cry about lawyers, thats why there so high, not claims like this.