Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-07-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
how are the older DD moomba mobius? Around 1998-1999? Is the wake decent? Quality?

thanks.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-07-2008, 7:40 PM Reply   
From what I have been told 2001 was the year Moomba really stepped up their quality and also a hull that produced a decent wake.
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-07-2008, 10:39 PM Reply   
at least 2001, i would maybe even look at a more recent model year. we sold moomba for 5 years starting around 1998 and they were nothing but crap. Poor QC at the factory led to tons of problems later on and they are just terrible to work on. Cramped spaces and the indmar engines didn't even compare to the PCMs in the Correct Crafts at that time. For the most part we only sold Outbacks, kangas, and boomerangs so i can't a test to the mobius but we, as a dealer, hated those boats and were glad to be rid of them.

And yes, the quality has improved ten fold in the past few years.

my $.02
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-08-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 Mobius V and I think the quality is just fine. Maybe the "ski oriented" boats were of lesser quality back then but my boat has been more than reliable. The fit and finish isn't as nice as other brands in late 90s early 00s but the wake is awesome and does everything I want/need!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-08-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
I agree with bb12. I have the same boat as his. They are really simple mechanically. The vinyl is a weak point of the boat but if that is in good shape I think it should be fine. The interiors are plain and there isn't much padding in the seats. Depending on shape and options you should be able to get that boat for 15-18 I would think.
Old     (trinitywake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-10-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
I got a 97outback with tower and stereo. First boat. It's in great shape and only paid 7,500 with 700 hours. Yeah, it's not a 40,000 boat but for me it's great. May not throw a big wake or even medium wake but she's mine, paid for, and i love her. I agree with brett and bb12 . I'm just the simple type anyways.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-11-2008, 2:35 AM Reply   
Last I remember they had a problem with the decks separating from the hull as one of the major problems and several small ones. But then again some people had no problems with them. So if its a great price just look it over very well.