Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Well figured I join some technology and demo some closed toes. They feel awesome and are like wearing slippers. Loved them to death. Thought the Shanes were by far the best fit on my foot. Demoed the following

Ronix Ones
Shane CT
Watson CT

Wel I would classify myself as a solid intermediate rider claiming Backrolls, tantrums, scarecrows, and landing toeside backs and fronts very inconsistantly and just picking up spinning.

Not sure if I am only one that just gets major toe slam in these on some tricks....especially coming shgort on the crowes. Just wondering if this was common thing seeing as how most companies are gonn be going closed toe these days with very limited options for open toes high performance binidings.

Will say the CT's fit and reliev the pressure points and are sick with the lock down just that toe thing frikin hurts. Maybe they were sized wrong, but I don't think so. Was touching the front barely in all of them. Just curious to hear some others takes on the new revolution.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-28-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
i still havent joined the closed toes but i did buy the 07 Shane OT and they are defiently some comfy bindings i tried the closed toes on and just didn't like the idea as i have gone out the front soo many times
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-28-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I dont care for the closed toe bindings, but I do ride with a few riders that like them, but they are not for me, go out a demo some CWB Zeus or Faction Bindings and see what you think, I love my Zeuses!
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
Dont worry, if you eat sh*t with the Ones on, your liner will pop out! mine did, some others have not.

I highly suggest closed toe boots, you really notice how the hair on your feet are not getting pulled by the soft material. Remember those days when your bindings were too tight and your feet felt like they had all the blood in your body there? None of that anymore!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-28-2007, 2:49 PM Reply   
my OT shanes don't rip the hair off my toes there exactlt the same with out the closed toe
Old     (twoten)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I thought I would hate them... but now that I ride with them, I really like the way they feel.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Charley, your right. Sorry I was flashing back to my old bindings. I had 05 parks.. and damn... I didnt even think about how they have been integrating comfort in OT. I think bad memories stick ya know?
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-28-2007, 3:47 PM Reply   
yeah i had tryed the parks on definetly hair rippers before my shanes i hade belmonts they were nice because i modified them to dual lace and opened up and were toe hair friendly. i really can't wait to get my shanes out on the water though the comfort levl is way higher
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
you'll love it! i remember the first time i rode my ones! SOOOO comfy
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-28-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
You can generally get more control with cloesed toes and it keeps your feet warm in the winter. My Cells are night and day from my old open toe.
Old     (bobby211)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
yea i ride a pair of 2006 shanes and they're ballin'.
Old     (tobs2)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-28-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
I have 07 Ronix one closed toe's and they rock......super lite weight....fit perfect.....the only bad thing is the laces are kinda of a pain when you want to tuck them in somewhere......other then that and the high cost they are sweet!!! Love them!!! Tobin
Old     (ispair)      Join Date: May 2006       06-28-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
Not to be biased, but the 2006 Limited Edition Shane's are the most comfortable and stylish to date!! Upload
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-29-2007, 2:27 AM Reply   
**UGLY**
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2007, 6:09 AM Reply   
^ indeed!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-29-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
wakeboard with them today, then climb everest with them tomarow. Awesome crossover product!!!!!
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-29-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
I agree with Brad
Upload
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-29-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
I LOVE my 3DS's, but there's no way I'd go as far as to say they've helped with my edge control. If they had the exact same boot in open toe, I probably would have gone with that.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
yea, i don't see the difference. sure the CTs are comfy, nice, etc. but if they were open toed, they'd be pretty much the same binding, right?

i'd love to hear a boot designer weigh in (yea right).
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2007, 9:34 AM Reply   
all i can say is wait for the 08's there is some really nice stuff coming out in the next 2 months from companys other then what you mentioned.
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Wow sorry for the horrible grammer. lol ZI guess that is why you should stay off Wakeworld at work.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 10:29 AM Reply   
I would have to disagree. I def think that the closed toes gave you more leverage. I did demo the open toe shanes as well. Ended up going with those. They def ride different than the closed toes. The CT"s just seem to get you on edge much quicker with little movement. Aso the OT's seem to pinch my foot just a little at the end till I rode them a few times. The CT's just felt like a glove. But to me the OT seem to allow a little more felx before the energy actually transfered to the board. Could be all in my head, but it was really noticeable for sure fro me on the difference. I think one reason is because that Closed Toe toe part actually sits out close to your edge that the Open toe. That alone will give you more leverage i would think. I loved the CT's except for that toe jam thing Once I can move up a level and dial those ticks a little more to 100 percent consistancy CT's here I come
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
i love my 06 3ds bindings, i dont like the 07 color scheme so i stayed with the 06's. I think next years will be all white and are gonna be hot. Hype's footbed is the most comfy and squishy. IMO theyre the best CTs out right now, im not a fan on the LF footbed, i think its too firm.
Old     (ngrote)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 1:26 PM Reply   
just bought some 06 Murray CT.
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2007, 3:44 PM Reply   
im trying out the slingshot CT tommorow, im stoked.
Old     (mickey_e)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
I just got a set of the Gator closed toe a few weeks back and they definately rock. Way easier to get in and out of than my Liquid Force.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-30-2007, 3:12 AM Reply   
Nice thing about CT is when the handle smacks your toes they are protected. I tried both OT & CT shanes and the CT was a little more responsive. CT will be real nice in the fall for those cold rides though.