Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2007, 10:28 PM Reply   
A simple question...I have been trying to figure out how I should ride, and its been raining all this week, + my new bindings aren't in yet. So, I could use some opinions.

What difference does it make?
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-30-2007, 3:07 AM Reply   
imo, the short fins are perfect (this is what you see andrew using in the wakeboard picts). no fins very loose and may slide out on landings. long fins are too tight and make it hard to surface slide.
Old    kidrik            06-30-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
I agree with Chris.........the long fins were way too tight. I rode it finless several times after, and was just fine. However, I wanted to try the shorter platty fins (to be like Andrew ) and dug the sheeat out of it!

Have fun, you're gonna love this board!!!!!!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
ok...I only have one set of fins, the ones that came on the board. Am I missing something?
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
with the shorter fin extensions it seems to be just the ricght combination of tracking and buttery. the shorter fin extensions come with the platinum. see if you can find some on ebay.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
oh snap. Anyone have a pair they aren't using that would be willing to sell?
Old    kidrik            06-30-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Yeah Garret, J-rod hooked me up with his platty fins, and it worked out great! Thanks again J-rod!

Check your local shops also. I'm not sure how much they run, but will be worth it!

Good luck!
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-01-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
i just got a transcend too!
its a sick board, but i havent ridden without the extensions yet. my old board was a 2002, it still has like 2.5 inch fins, so anythings loose compared to it! also, i was thinking about trying it with no extensions on the back and extensions on the front, so when im riding switch it helps me lock in better. has anyone tried this?