Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (stephend)      Join Date: May 2004       05-07-2004, 6:00 AM Reply   
After talking to the centurion dealer, and doing a little research, it seems like the T5 is a great boat for the price. Can anyone share with me their experience with this boat? Hows the wake? Im primarily interested in using it for wakeboarding.
Thanks,
Steve D.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
I have one and absolutely love it. It is a great boat for the money. Will the wake compare to a fully weighted MC or SAN? No. But is it good? Yes. We are going out tonight and I will take some pictures. Are you going with the T5 or the Thunder? The Thunder comes with a ballast in the back. Our lake does not allow them so we have the T5.
Old     (stephend)      Join Date: May 2004       05-07-2004, 10:00 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim, I appreciate it. I hadn't decided on the thunder or not. Sounds like the dealer can get both for me. If I can get a decent wake out of a stock T5 then I probably wont get the ballast yet. I figure the modifications to the boat can accumulate over time as my wakeboarding skills get better. i.e. I probably dont need a tower yet either, Im not good enough to warrant one.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
GET THE TOWER! Along with Perfect Pass. Those are a must in my opinion.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-07-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-09-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
Tim, is that no weight in the boat? We can get a lot better shape with a 500 in back and two 250s in our Eclipse LaPoint. That does look like the unweighted wake though.

Also, Stephen, I don't know where you are from, but our boat is for sale. Pretty much the same hull as the T5, but with more toys. We have PP Pro 6.4, no tower though.

(Message edited by kstateskier on May 09, 2004)
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-09-2004, 2:11 PM Reply   
Nick Tim lives on a lake with strict no wake enhancement rules. No wedge no ballast. So you get what you get when you get it
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-10-2004, 5:15 AM Reply   
This is with 3 adults and 2 small kids.

Old     (stephend)      Join Date: May 2004       05-10-2004, 7:04 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses everyone! And Tim, I appreciate the pictures. It was real nice of you to go out of your way to post those for us!

Im actually up in Vermont. Pretty darn far from you fellas in Cali. Its pretty rare to find used wakeboard boats for sale in this area. Fortunately there are a few dealers I've found within a 2-3 hour drive. What do you guys think about skipping the tower for now, and putting on a pylon? It could save me LOTs of money. Sounds like ballast is a good idea. I could go aftermarket on that also, or is it a good idea to get those from the dealer as well?

Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-10-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
It may just be me, but unless you are paying cash, the difference in your payment will be very minute with adding a tower. I think the aftermarket ballast is a good idea. What other options are you planning on getting?
Tim
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       05-10-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
Stephen, none of us are in California. Tim and Kevin are in St. Louis, I'm in Kansas City. A tower is kind of personal preference. They make it a lot easier when switching between skiing and wakeboarding, but I also think the Pro Flights that Centurion uses look kind of funny on the T5/LaPoint, as the back of the boat is so low to the water. We have used a Ten Foot Pole brand pylong with both of our boats. We found that you need to change bow straps, at least with this brand, as the Centurion nose is so much longer than others, we need more strap. We use aftermarket ballast, or at least did on our '02, I don't think our '03 has ever been weighted, as my brother was the big boarder and blew out his knee and after the rebuild decided to stick with 3 event skiing.

Personally, the options I would get would be PP, the motor upgrade to the MPI engine or even possibly the Scorpion if you can swing the $$, heater since you are in Vermont, and we love the tandem trailer, looks a lot better IMO. We have the Pilot 1 guage system, which is OK, but kind of an expense you don't need. We also have the passenger ballast tank, which adds about 250 full, nice if you don't have a passenger as heavy as the driver and evens out the wake. We also got the snap covers which look good. Here a bimini is key, not sure about you in Vermont though. If you have anymore questions, just drop me an e-mail.
Old    toolman25            05-11-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
Stephen,

I purchased a Hurricane last year from Stateline in Maine. Love the boat and it works great for our family. By the time you atart adding all your options to the T5 you are going to be up to the price of a new lighting. The difference being you will still have a DD instead of a v-drive. You stated you were looking for a boat mostly for wakeboarding.

Mainelaker is also on this board and lives in NH, he also owns a Hurricane. Either one of us would be more than happy to help you out with your decision or give you a pul behind the boat. I don't know what you have been getting for prices on the T5 but you should be able to get a Lighting for a little over 30K.

Drop me an e-mail and I will be happy to give you a call if you have questions about the boats.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2004, 7:37 PM Reply   
A lightning would still price out more than a comparably equipped T5 Because the base price for the lightning is more than the base price for a T5 Thunder
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
You want mine...I broke my leg last night
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-12-2004, 6:52 AM Reply   
WOW how did you do that?
Old     (stephend)      Join Date: May 2004       05-12-2004, 6:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses everyone. I almost can't beleive just how friendly and helpful you all are on this board. Its great!
After all the help, I am embarressed to say that I did purchase a boat, and it wasnt a centurion. Another dealer gave me a better deal on a Mobius LS, so I went with that one.
Tim, Im sorry about your leg. That sucks. But you should keep your boat!
Tim S, unfortunately I purchased before I read about Stateline in Maine. That possibly could have been a good option. I guess I was so anxious to do this that I jumped on the best offer pretty quick. What can I say, the suns out, all I can think about is getting on the water!

Old    toolman25            05-12-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
stephen,

nothing wrong with that, i know what you mean we are all getting the fever.
i just got a drysuit so we are ready to go. enjoy the mobius an if you are ever in Maine just drop an e-mail more than happy to give you a pull.