Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    grampawakerider            10-03-2004, 9:08 AM Reply   
I've been deliberating pulling the fins off my 04 Era 140. Anyone know what that will do to the characteristics of the board? I like the way it digs when I cut, but have a hard time breaking the fins loose for surface tricks, even lipslides.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-03-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
you will go no control. it was hard for myself to edge out a lot, my board was always pulling to go behind the boat
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-03-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
I love mine without fins. only put them on when I'm trying new stuff to revert or whatever.
Wake addict, the reason you go no control is you're riding a parks, we've got molded in fins.
Mark, try it at least, it's much looser but once you learn how to carve with it you'll swear by it, seems like a completely new board, you just have to focus on your edge a little more until you get the feel of it.
Oh yea, you can lipslide, poserslide, and butterslide to no end as well as on the surface spins, just don't catch an edge
Old    grampawakerider            10-03-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
I hope you meant powerslide....never heard of a "poserslide".
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-03-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
The Era is not half as fun with the fins on it!! I started with fins on mine and then tried riding without the fins and loved it so much more!! Deffienetly try it. Until today I had never heard of someone saying that it has no control without fins. Even Ruck rides it finless, but you should go try it yourself!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
take the fins off. Awesome ride with 'em off.

I love doing poserslides.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-03-2004, 3:41 PM Reply   
Definitely finless is the way to go. Once you try it, you won't go back...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-03-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
After reading this thread I'm gonna try my 03 140 Premier finless. I'm a little worried about being consistent with landings, but it's worth a try. It will make the board ride a little faster right?
Old    edward            10-03-2004, 6:23 PM Reply   
dude poserslides are sweet!
Old    grampawakerider            10-03-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
I'm kinda hoping the board will be a little faster too. I think there's a dude on this site whose name is Poser. Did he invent the "Poser" slide?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
I dont even know where my fins are for my 02 premier... I used to rely on the fins too much, took them off and learned how to edge properly. It can get loose at times if I land sloppy switch but other than that it is a very solid ride without fins, not really slick slick at all, try it, you will like it
Old    grampawakerider            10-04-2004, 4:55 PM Reply   
I'm gonna pull the fins. Now I just gotta get to the water!! Boats fueled and truck too.....lake 25minutes away............hmmmmmmm. Think I'll keep the fins in the boat for if I wanna ride on chop. Seriously, I'll get to the water this weekend. Howz it gonna feel compared to riding a 03 Belmont? (That was my last board.)
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-05-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Im gonna wanna say it will probably be a little more loose since its 3 stage, 03 belmont had 4 fins right? or 6?
It might take a while to get used to and in rough water it took me a while to get used to but once you ride it for a while you'll go back to the fins and I believe you will want the fins off, but yea keep them with you because it can get a little squirly in the rough stuff when you are first adapting. Its easy to do surface stuff, it tracks but isnt grabby, seems to stick when you want it to, give er a try
good luck
Duane
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-05-2004, 1:53 PM Reply   
You don't need fins, if the board feels loose its because you arn't cutting just right. You gotta use the edges of the board not the fins. If your cutting right you'll feel almost as comfortable on a flat bottom wakeskate.
Old    grampawakerider            10-05-2004, 5:09 PM Reply   
My Belmont had 6 fins. The local lakes around here get wind blown choppy fairly early. If not that then you can't avoid rollers. Check my vid....the Lopez Lake vid in this thread. You8'll also see me not breaking my fins loose while carving outside the wake.