Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    moombarider132            04-11-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
i put up a post a while back about my friend buying the new san220 and i got a little bit of negative feed back. well i thought they wouldnt get it however it looks like they just put in an order for a fully loaded team edition with the 375(rich bastards) but anywayz were looking for tower speakers that will produce extreamly loud, decent quality sound because i already have like 4000 pounds worth of fat sacs and the first thing were going to do when we get it(some time in may) is load the living hell out of it and we'll probably be riding at 85' or so. money is no option with the speakers as said before and we are stuck with the NVS1010s, the skylon rubicon 240s, and the fusion p-series. which of these would you guys recommend? and what kind of amps should be paired with the speakers in order to maximize quality performance?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-11-2006, 6:09 PM Reply   
The 375hp ZR6 motor is almost essential for that boat.

Based on those choices I would say you would have the best luck hearing the 1010s. There are a few other options but you should probably stick with a HLCD pro sound based tower speaker if the goal is to provide music at the rider. Why the Rubicon 250 instead of the 450? For amps you should be thinking along the lines of 500w x 2 of good clean power.

Be aware, there a lot of hype when it comes to tower speakers. Listen then buy or you may be dissappointed.

I am happy with my amp and speakers, have the boat owners PM me if would like the details or my opinions on the others.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2006, 6:24 PM Reply   
Justin,

Like Mikeski said, if you have a chance to demo/listen, that is always going to be best. With that being said, all you have mentioned are great. Don't limit NVS to the 1010's. The Addictions and Tyrants are also very nice. As far as the Rubicons, the 250's are more towards the entry end. You need to consider the 350's or 450's, which have 8", and HLCD's. In my opinion, that (Pro-audio components) is the only way to go. I am considering upgrading my speakers very soon. Wish demo's were easier to come by
Old    moombarider132            04-12-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
i ment the 450s sorry