Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2008, 4:12 AM Reply   
I'm in the market for a used boat. Because of my budget, I'm looking at something around a 2000 model Mastercraft. Everything I have seen so far is white with maybe a stripe in a different color. I'd like something that stood out a little more than that. Who makes wraps for Mastercraft boats? What is the going price for one? Are they an alternative to getting a new gel coat put on?
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
I think wraps are usually done by local vehicle wrap companies. They make custom wraps for cars and trucks for companies mostly, but they can do boats too. Wraps are usually one-off, not mass produced. Theyre expensive as hell. I would imagine they would start at around $3K and go up from there.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
Has anyone had a boat painted? Is that cheaper than a wrap?
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-18-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
Painted a solid color or custom graphics? You can get topside paint (above the waterline) done for less than the cost of a wrap. Doing graphics wont be cheap though. Might consider paint and vinyl decals. Thats probably the least expensive way to customize your boat.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-18-2008, 8:34 AM Reply   
Solid color from the rub rail to the waterline I guess. The topside can stay white.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Try Trevor. He works for the guy who does most of the wraps for newer MasterCrafts. Here is his email.

trevor@lakesports.com
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-18-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
jon,
typically a wrap will probably only last a few years, so unless you want to keep getting it re-wraped, or touched up, you'll probably be spending more cash to maintian your wrap, rather then just getting a new paint or gel or what have you. There is a guy on here thats the got all black supra that he says he just got repainted, i'd try to hit him up for details..

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/601968.html?1216340471