Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-28-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
Well, there comes a time in every boatowner's life wherein you were able to store your boat in a nice quiet and cozy place, when you have to make the decision to move it closer to home.

Unfortunately for me, that means having to store my 1989 Nautique 2001 outside, and with me living very close to the beach, that also means a significant amount of marine moisture.

So, I ask you my waked-out associates, do any of you have a boat cover recommendation?

I would like a boat cover that is water resistant and that definitely does its breathing exercises. The worst thing that can happen to the interior is not letting it expel its moisture.

It would be nice if the cover had tie-down loops or similar so if you know of a boat cape that you would recommend, please let me know.

Thanks for your help

Louise
www.solsearch.us

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-28-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
contact cliff and brent (maybe jeff, too?) from seattle. their boat covers are some of the best i've ever seen!

just start a thread with the title "need help from the northwest hardcore" and they'll come runnin'!
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-28-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
rankincovers.com.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-28-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
I saw Tim W's cover this weekend @ Berryessa and I was very impressed. If I were to get a new cover I would definitely check out rakincovers.com
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-29-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
I 2nd the Rankin Covers. Great quality both for storage and to trailer with.
Old     (trump)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Would it be overkill to have a boat cover that goes down to the chine? I'm thinking, if a boat is stored outdoors that a cover that goes down to the chine will better protect it from the elements ... UV...etc.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
What's that?

Who are they callin?

NWHC here Mam.

Rankin Covers.com would be my personal choice. I've had mine for three years with no issues, and store my boat outside. You can also tow with them on. They are the best covers I've come across.

What a month. I've seen a post from Chris Hargis, and now you. It's starting to feel like 2000 again.
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
Louise, sorry I don't have other pics, but if you go to this other thread, you can see our cover. It is the Nautique in the 5th picture down. I use the cover while towing and when moored. No issues as of yet.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/268432.html?1133315394
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-30-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
We had ours custom made. It's got breathers in the top, a ratchet strap system that levers in the back to tighten it, velcro and strap clips to go easily around a standing tower, it was a bit pricey granted, but you might want to look at custom work.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       11-30-2005, 4:33 PM Reply   
Why would you choose to go with custom covers versus the manufacturers? I have a moomba. My cover is just about done. I always thought I would just go to my dealer and get another one. What am I missing?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-30-2005, 5:30 PM Reply   
good investment is putting a moisture absorber thing in there when the cover is on. you can get them at west marine or other marine store.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-30-2005, 7:28 PM Reply   
Jonathan, in our case the boat is a 1990, the cover had rotted and blew out on the trip home. Regardless of how it went I can garuntee the tarp we had made is a much better tarp with greater user ease, not to mention it's designed to be fully functional with our add on of a tower.
Old     (trump)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
Hey Chris,

Doesn't seem like things are more mellow now that users have to be registered? Once in a great while I'll see a post from Swass.

Anyways, sorry about digressing off subject.