Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (c_cote)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-17-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
i tried serching for these existing threads but my computer just kept messing up and not loading right. my friend just bought a new 08 malibu wakesetter i think and he is have major problems. when the foil i think it is called is down the boat would not top 5 mph he said. also last weekend he was on the lake and all electricals completely shut down. and they are still out. if anyone has any ideas what is going on please tell me. (i think he should of gone Master Craft)
Old     (texasmasterc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-17-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
If he is as brilliant boat owner as you are writer, I'd say maybe drop the boat and concentrate on school.

Otherwise, call (Have his Daddy) the dealer. Sounds like a uninformed owner to me. Did he read the manual (Can he read?)

(Message edited by texasmasterc on July 17, 2008)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-17-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
Don't make rash decisions. There are people with every brand of boat that have had similar problems. It is the downfall of something that is assembled by humans. It is probably a loose ground or something simple like that. Have your friends DAD call the dealer and explain NICELY what is going on and I am sure they will be more than happy to fix/explain what is going on.

I agree with above. If you want people to take anything you say seriously at least use something resembling correct grammar.

(Message edited by polarbill on July 17, 2008)
Old     (c_cote)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-17-2008, 10:21 PM Reply   
I am sorry about my "bad grammar." i don't know why its such a big deal to you texas. Honestly its completely unnecessary to insult me and my 31 year old friend
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-17-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
You think he bought a new Malibu or you think it's a Wakesetter, or you think it's an 08??? Maybe he didn't and that's the problem!

MCs are so perfect.....that's why there is a thread going about the number of fuel pump failures!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-17-2008, 11:39 PM Reply   
It's funny when people post stuff like this.

So if we told you that the flux capacitor needed to be opened up & rewired...... would you do it? Would you risk looking like a complete idiot & even suggest it to your "friend"?

The bottom line is the boat needs to be taken care of by the dealer. It's under warranty for a reason.
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-18-2008, 6:32 AM Reply   
First off C Cote...

Texas is spelled with a CAPITAL T! When you refer to yourself as "i" that is also not correct... once again, hold the shift key and it will then turn into "I" and be correct. Texas is not offended by your total lack of education, we (the people on the forum) are offended by your total disregard for the English language.

If your friend is 31 and he is coming to you for advice on his brand new boat, then there is a much bigger problem here. Perhaps the other posters were correct in suggesting that your 31 year old friend should have his dad call the dealership for him.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-18-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
tell him his boat will run perfect if he gets "BU" tatto'd on his lower back.
Old     (kinger)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-18-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
Wow is this a grammar class or wakeboard forum? He forgot a capital letter...haha you guys have to much time on your hands!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Its an 08, take it to the dealer!
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
Christopher - not sure about the electrical problems...I'm sure talking to the dealer will be your buddy's best bet....likely not a big deal.

As far as the wedge goes....it's likely that he deployed the wedge when it wasn't fully calibrated. It probably deployed only part of the way....making the boat drag and impossible to get on plane. Calibrate it from your service menu and you should be fine on that one....
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-18-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
+1 on the wedge Calibration. The dealer should have done that at the delivery....but, whatever.

Easy to do, and should solve that problem.
Old    mendo247            07-18-2008, 3:06 PM Reply   
9 posts later and you get your answer!
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
If it wasn't for "Electricals" needin' some fixin's every now and again I'd be out of a job.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-18-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
Also, since we're giving grammar lessons. Too as in, "Too much time on your hands", is spelled with two, as in the number, Os. If you mean too as in also, it gets two O's too.
We're means, we are. Where describes a place. Were is past tense.

And sue me if I mispelled something. Also, never start a sentence with "And".

(Message edited by longhornfan on July 18, 2008)
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
The dealer may have calibrated it, but you might have to recalibrate if your power is ever disconnected...