Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    wegotbikes            01-22-2004, 9:27 AM Reply   
Please help me make a decision on this boat. Tell me the pros and cons. I am a beginner boarder and we do lots of tubing as well. Will be our first ski boat. Here's the link
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&checked_boats=11707 98&slim=broker&&hosturl=americanyachtsales&&ywo=am ericanyachtsales&
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-22-2004, 10:19 AM Reply   
Horrible boat for wakeboarding. Good, not great boat for skiing. Even if you weight it down, you will not be happy with the wake size at all.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
I thnk your best bet for boats in that price range is the older CC's, Master Crafts and Sanger's. I think there mught be a decent Malibu in that mix but I'm not sure.
Old    frontsideshiftd            01-22-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
why don't you check out mine.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/84618.html?1073496971
Old    ag4ever            01-22-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
The boat might or might not have been use in salt water. That boat broker deals mostly with repos and siezures, so I would definatly have a good look at it before buying. Price seems ok, not great.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
a closed bow without a lot of freeboard, there's not much room in that boat. throw some gear and fat sacs and its full, you'll be squeezing 4 people in it then.

how many usually ride with you? have kids?
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-22-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
I don't believe you can test drive the boats from there also.
Old    tattoobling            01-22-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
French,

If you can come up w/ the extra to get that PS 205 Powell is offering, you'd be doing great. It has great wakes, both ski and wakeboard, a decent amount of room, it's fuel injected and it's priced below book value. Most importantly, great resale value. Everybody is looking for a 15-20k inboard, and this one will hold it's value, especially as prices on new boats continue to escalate. MasterCraft obviously has a great name and product in this market. It's not unlikely you could own this boat for a few years and sell it for what you have in it. I'm surprised it's still for sale. Maybe it's hours, I'd be cautious if it has more than 1000.
Old    bob_nydig            01-22-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Frenchy,
That boat's wake is going to be as flat as a 12 year girl's chest
Old    wegotbikes            01-27-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the info alot! I didn't buy it, I bought a 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205 for only $10,000!!! What a deal, I can't wait til it warms up so I can go riding. Let me know what you think about the wake it can produce, and how to weight it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-27-2004, 5:23 PM Reply   
You'll be happy with the 205. They have a nice wake once you add a little weight.