Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old    cwb123            03-24-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
i got my new boat with just a standard sound system
its got a kenwood deck and six speakers

if i want to put up four tower speakers and a sub in the boat what kind of amp would you suggest, and will i need to get an amp to run the six boat speakers as well

might be a stupid question but any help is apreciated
Old    yea_yea            03-25-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Do a search in the archives theres a ton of info thats already been posted.
Old    xtigeman            03-25-2004, 9:29 AM Reply   
I'll bite. How much do you want to spend. Give me a budget and the exact number and size of speakers you will be running, where the speakers are located, I will will track you down a couple of amps that fall within your budget.
Old    cwb123            03-25-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
doug

i want to use four 6.5 inch tower speakers, one 10 inch sub, and whatever type of amp i need to power those and my six boat speakers
i wan thinking around 500 for the new speakers, sub, and amp
i know i can get two pair of sony xplods for 45 each
Old    xtigeman            03-25-2004, 9:25 PM Reply   
I might could set you up. You will have difficult time getting all that for that price range, but I have some used, some slightly used and some never used stuff that is pretty high end I would let go. Let me think over night about it.

When you say 6.5, do you mean components or co-axles. I could set you up with some components at great deals, but I don't have co-axles. Amps I have for you and they are nice (PG Titanium series).
Old    cwb123            03-26-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
doug

i know i can get two sets of 6.5 co-axle sony xplods on ebay for 40 bucks a pair, a 12 inch xplod sub for 50 bucks, but am unsure about the amp
i'm kind of a handyman and am probably gonna make the cans for the speakers and box for the sub myself
i just wanna know what you would recomend to power those plus the six existing boat speakers
know it sounds repetitive
thnx for the feedback
Old    xtigeman            03-26-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
I was going to try and cut you a killer deal and get you set up within your budget.

With your budget, you are pretty limited. If you shop within the $ 500 budget, there is not going to be one amp really better than the other. They are all about the same and your amp will be limited to the SQ of your speakers. On the cheap side, I would recommend a Hi-Fonics 5 channel, but that costs $ 399 and your budget is about gone.
Old    cwb123            03-26-2004, 9:22 AM Reply   
doug

what type of set up were you talking about
love to here about it
thnx
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-27-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
if you use xplods on the tower that is exactly what they will do XPLOD , they will never be able to handle the power tower speakers require, if Doug is going to hook you up with some stuff it surely wont be junk and as long as you set it up right im sure youll be plenty happy

I have 3 amps, one for towers(2)450 wattrs,one for boats(4)400watts,and one for subs(2)600 watts all rockford amps infinity speakers in boat, west marine ones on tower, and one infinity 10 along with a sony ES 10, dont use a regular sony in a boat it wont be able to handle the power subs require to hear them in a boat
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-28-2004, 6:48 AM Reply   
Doug:

What type of PG amp Ti and how much?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-28-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
i have 4 6.5 Pioneers they are 4 ways and 220w for $100. if your are interested
Old    xtigeman            03-29-2004, 7:15 AM Reply   
I just posted the bloew list at www.caraudioforum.com of stuff for sale and have received a lot of inquiries. Curtis, can you use or install components because that is really all I have. I recieved about 10 PM last night and alot of this stuff is finding new homes quick.

I am mainly looking for some interesting trades though, so if someone has say a nice amp I could use, I will trade a slew of stuff for it. (Just an example), but would be looking for interesting trades more than money.

Right now, here is what I am no longer using speaker wise and am thinking about selling:

6.5 Focal Utopias
Focal 165 K2s
MB Quart QSD 218
MB Quart QM 215? (5.25s)
(2) sets of CDT High Defintions 6.5 (raw drivers)
(1) set of CDT High Definition 5.25s (raw drivers)
(1) set of CDT Special eddition Carbon Fibre with tweeter enhancement (Never even hooked up)
(1) set of McInotsh MSS 650s (used for less than a week)
5.25 Boston Pros
(2) sets of Boston Ralley 5.25 components
(1) set of Boston Ralley 6.5 components
(1) set of Bsotn Rally Coaxles (used for less than 1 day)
(1) set of MB Quart Reference series 6.5
(1) set of MB Quart Premium Series 5.25
(1) set of Cerwin Vega cheap *** 5.25 components
(1) set of Diamond Hex 6.5
(3) set of MB Quart QM 25 tweeters (raw drivers)
(2) sets of Dynaudio MD 100 tweeters (raw drivers with crossovers)
(1) set of MB Quart 5.25 QSD woofers (raw drivers)
(2) sets of MB Quart Q series or Music Comp crossovers

Anyone need any of the above, feel free to make me an offer.

Amp wise

Pheonix Gold Titanium 600.2
Pheonix Gold Titanium 475.2
Pheonix Gold Tantrum 500.2
(2) Orion Extreme 900s
(1) PPI 4125

Line drivers:

(1) Pheonix Gold (little black box deal)
(2) Auiobahn Bass drivers with phase and digital read out
(1) Audiobahn full range line driver with digital read out

4 or 5 various Capacitors, mostly upper end stuff with low ESR not being used

Head units

Alpine ($ 400 range unit in garage, but will pull if anyone interested)
Rockford Fosgate X8250 (Like the Dennon with dual 24 bit DAC converter (high end and never taken out of box)
Clarion 8 series with dual 20 bit
Clarion 9 series with dual 20 bit and roll out face
Eclipse (8 volt)
Nakamichi MD 100 (has error message for disc loader, but is a $ 100 dollar factory fix)