Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (stetts)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
i ride a 06 Obrien oasis now. well my board now is gettin dent up from all the ridin so im trying to find a new board. I would rate myself as a beginner. i can jump the wake, spins, sum grabs but still learning. i snowboard so im pickin it up pretty fast. Well i found a 07hyperlite era 142 for $200(its brand new). I would like some feedback on the board. Is it a good buy or not?
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
how big are you josh
Old     (stetts)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
im 6foot about 165 lbs
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-23-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Ya that would be a good size usually bigger boards are better for beginers but i prefer a smaller board i ride a 135 imperial and im 6ft4 170 lbs and i feel its easier to spin and that stuff but i was just on ebay and a 142 just ended at 100 but nobody bid on it so it might go up again but 200 is a pretty good deal if u wait you can get a better deal on it there are a few up for 190 right now
Old     (jhmorgan)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-23-2007, 7:13 PM Reply   
i am 6 foot and 162 and that board would drive me nuts...iv ridden on a CWB Pure 140, but love my CWB Kink 134...like he said, a small board feels a lot sweet on surface tricks..also feel better on my spins
Old     (seven20)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-23-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
big=more pop and softer landings
Old     (stetts)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
Have any of u ridin this board? It also comes with era bindings. Got any info on the bindings(good or bad). Like i said im just startin out. i like the 142 size. i have a bad knee so the softer landings im lookin for too. Thanks for the feedback. have any more info on different boards n bindings would like to hear about it.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       09-24-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
grat set up and you won't be dissapointed and the 142 is perfect for your size i used to ride that board. the landing are decently soft but not the softest(i ride a marius now). if your a snowboard i reconmend taking off the middle fin and never looking back for it. i would jump on it for 200 bux with bindings
Old     (pete_moss)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-29-2007, 8:21 AM Reply   
I've got the 06 version which is the same just with a different color scheme. The pop in my opinion is good (used to ride the 07 Murray) certainly WAY better than the murray. I'm 6'1" 200 lbs (twisted steel and sex appeal of course!)and need a longer board. Overall I LOVE the board.

The bindings are a different story though. They're made for a narrow foot so if you don't have a narrow foot they get too tight around your toes. My little toe went numb the first time I went out. They stretched a little but on the third time out the seam that runs down the middle totally tore out!!! I tried to use them still in hopes I could last the rest of the season with them but now both of them are torn out down the middle and unusable. I had read online that they were having problems with this. They're pretty good about warranties though.

They said they would replace them with the 07's but the color scheme doesn't match my board so they're giving me credit towards an 08 pair or they'll give me the 05 Murrays which are brown and hopefully match my board. I've used the 05 murray's and I like those a lot.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-29-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
I'm 6'3" 245 and ride a 07 ERA 147 and love it.