Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old    malibu73            03-05-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
So I've read a couple of thread were everyone is talking about how the got out for the first time this season, and I have been getting jealous. This weekend is going to be about 68 and I have no idea what the water temp is, 50s I would guess...
I plan on wearing a spring suit and an O'neill Gooru glide heater shirt and board shorts over that. My question is, will I freeze my butt off? I'm at the point were I don't really care, I just want to get out and ride, but I would like to know what I am in for.
Old    mendo247            03-05-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
youll be fine... might be a little cold when you first get in..
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Cold is temporary, glory is forever! Go for it! Take your springsuit with you, if it doesn't feel to cold, just pop on your heater for set 2.

It's different for everyone.

-S
Old    walt            03-05-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
If the water temp is @ 50 you should be able to trunk it.
Old    malibu73            03-05-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
The water temp is just a guess. I dont know of anyway to check it in my area? I ride around TN River, Chickamauga Area if anyone can help?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-05-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
I will say by experience here in Utah you will be a little cold. Swami nail it down "glory is forever." There is nothing like that first ride of the year, and yes it will come with a lot of pain. Thank god I know a guy with a drysuit (Ryan D.) if he let's me ride in it! I would use a full suit if not in a drysuit but yes have done it in a spring suit. Just remember to save up for a drysuit for next spring!
Old     (khollin1)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-05-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Check out TVA's website for the water temps. I'm not entirely sure that they will have them posted, but they tend to have a lot of current info on depths and releases and whatnot. Just an idea.
Old    malibu73            03-05-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
I looked on there, seems like they have everything else except water temp. I guess theres not a high demand for that kind of data.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-05-2007, 9:48 PM Reply   
Just hope there are no women around in that cold water my friend
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
Swami, I am going to edit your quote...

"Cold is temporary, Pneumonia is forever!
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Garret. Pneumonia's never killed anyone. At least not anyone that I knew personaly.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       03-06-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
yeah, it'll be chilly when you hit that water at first! But, it's totally do-able.

It's snowing here right now, be glad you even have the chance to ride
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
The water temperature is normally within a couple degrees of what it is at night in your area.