Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
what is the best way to get my boards down there without getting damaged or charged?... going first week in April..any info to help me

thanks
Old     (beastmaster)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-04-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
I might see you there. Some friends and I went at the end of the summer. Most air line do not charge for wakeboards. You need to make sure you till them that it is water ski equipment not a snow board. And as far as damage, I took my binding off and put them in my bag. And I took the towels and wrapped my boards with them. Then I taped around that. They made it just fine.
Old     (wakehopper)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
I went there last fall and I got me a hyperlite board bag for about 40 bucks. I was able to pack my board and a bunch of other junk in there and it all made it no problem. I was not charged any extra.
If I go again I will probably just rent a board at Performance, that way you dont have to worry about your board and lug it around the airport and everywhere else.
Performance has all the newest stuff for you to demo, when I was there all kinds of people were renting the ronix stuff. They dont have a bunch of junk that is several years old it is all this years models.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
I'll be there this coming weekend. i have a LF weekender. i hope i dont get charged
Old     (metz213)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-04-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
ya i got a pretty good hyperlite bag..got a 05 byerly and a 06 premier so juss tryin to take care of em..put my vests and some towels in the bag..juss seein if anybody had any ideas or info..also if anybody from around orlando wouldnt mind givin me and my buddy a pull...
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
me 3!!!
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-05-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
we used to drive down from Michigan every year until last year, hoping to go soon, but now we fly...
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-05-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Wrap the edges, with towels, put your vest around the middle throw in rash guards and extra padding. Never been charged for it, but it was considered oversized and had to be dropped off in different area for further inspection and picked up seperate. Another plus about it is you can throw exta clothes and gear in the board bag if your suitcase is overweight.
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-05-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
My son and I are thinking about trying out OWC and bringing down one of our beater boards. Neither one of us has hit sliders on a wakeboard before. What should we expect? Lots of swimming after we fall? Sorry about high-jacking this thread Matt.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2007, 5:03 AM Reply   
The same as rick here, just flew in my board to miami. one thing, make sure you dont mention the word board when you check in, they will want to pass it as a surf board. just say ski equipment.
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-06-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
when you fall you have to swim and walk, so its nice when they have like the table top close to the start, cause that is a good one to start on, also launches and kickers and pretty easy too. and stay in the markers...i can't stress that enough :-)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-06-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Don't forget to bring helmets. If you have fins on the boards you may need to remove them. Anything over about an inch, or if it's metal it must come off. Boards with molded fins are your best bet. The walk back is pretty short, and the sliders are a hoot.