Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-02-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
I am from Chicago and goin down to St. Pete Beach area for spring break on the 11th and I am curious if it would be worth the 2 hour drive to go check it out one day? i never tried rails or anything and was just worried the cable park was for more advanced riders. Any info would be appreciated.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-02-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
The park is set up for every one, you will have a blast if you go.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2007, 10:22 PM Reply   
I think it is....i had a blast when i was there about 7 years ago (when i was just starting out).
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-03-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
If you've never tried rails then Yes it's worth it to go ride. The rails are easy and no matter how scared you might be thinking about it, once on the water you'll hit one!
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-03-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Yea ive been dyin to ride anything seeing as how theres snow on the ground here, had to stick with snowboarding. I dont have a board bag even though id love to bring my own board do they rent any?
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-03-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
You can rent board & bindings from Performance ski & surf - they have a shop on site and a main shop about 2mi from ODub.

The slider boards will cost you more to rent, plus you must wear a helmet when hitting sliders.You can rent that from Perfski too.

Bring your own vest,it doesn't need to be a USGCA one either.

Scroll down for the rental rates:
http://www.orlandowatersports.com/rates.php

(Message edited by phantom5815 on March 03, 2007)
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-03-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
go. I drove up almost every weekend from Tampa when I was there for a few months doing some stuff for work.

It can get a little choppy when the wind is blowing. I got there the moment it opened and left after about 2 hours when it starts getting a little crowded and the water is not as nice.

Definately worth the drive...for boatless me that is.

Later

Bakes
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-03-2007, 9:52 PM Reply   
Mike, pm me if you want to go riding in Winter Haven. It's about half way between St Pete & Orlando. I have a busy schedule next weekend, but if you have a couple of days available, we might be able to get a session in...
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-03-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
cables kick ass!

and yes, it would be worth the visit
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-04-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
If you go on the 11th Im planning to go there as well, first timer too...

Do you need to bring your life vest? Or they rent them there?
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-04-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
I dont know. My vest is up at my cottage and I wont be able to bring it so i donno.
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-04-2007, 7:31 PM Reply   
Announcement: - Basic wakeboards and life vests will no longer be included with your cable pass. We disposed of the old worn-out wakeboards and replaced them with premium equipment from Jobe. Each new board is equipped with boot style bindings. The new boards and binding systems are far more advanced than our old basic boards and will allow riders to learn faster and have more control.
Apparently, some folks liked our boards so much, they decided to take them home. To prevent this from happening, we've created a new check- in/check-out system to handle our inventory. Also, there is now a small rental fee to use the new equipment which include our new wakeboards/bindings and life vests. The rate for a premium board is $3.00 and $2.00 for a life vest. Save $1.00 if you rent both a board and vest at a price of $4.00.

That is OWC. If you want the slider board you have to rent that from Performance.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-04-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
what is the best time of day to go? when is it least crowded? My rail riding has been limited to one rail in a yard with 6inch deep pools so I dont want to be the one getting pointed and laughed at.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2007, 5:05 AM Reply   
I dont know if its the best time to go, but im going at around 2-3 pm.