Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Hi everyone, I'm kinda in the process of scoping out a new boat. I've heard some great things about Sanger boats, but have never seen one. Are there Sanger dealers in the southeast? Is Sanger even trying to get dealers in the southeast? I've only started hearing about them in the past year, I always knew there was a boat company called Ski Sanger, but now they are starting to look pretty reputable. About how much do these boats go for? I've seen pictures floating around of the wakes and they look pretty nice.
Thanks for any info.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
sangerboats.com has a contact page, try there for the closest dealer. I'm on my second, I think they are a great boat and a greater value. V215 with same options as VLX for $12-15K less.
Old    deltahoosier            06-10-2004, 11:53 AM Reply   
You must have the hookup Chris. At the boat show I was pricing out the 215 vs my VLX and it only came in $2K to $3k different for the same options. Kind of ended my thoughts of changing over.
Old    exodous            06-10-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
hmmm.........wood stringers
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
http://www.boattraderonline.com/adsearch/boatsearchprocess.html

around $42-43 loaded V215. None of the ads on boattraderonline had prices, I called 2 dealers.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2004, 12:12 PM Reply   
Alan- its been covered....over and over and over again.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2004, 12:21 PM Reply   
Alan... wood stringers don't scare me as I'm sure that a boat company would stand behind their product if there was ever a failure. I personally have been around wakeboard boats for 6 years and have never heard of stringer rot in any newer model boats, Tige or Sanger. I have also been around offshore fishing boats my entire life and have never heard of any known stringer rot.
Chris, thanks for the info, I checked out the website, but only see a place to request a brochure, I'll go back and check it out.
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-10-2004, 12:40 PM Reply   
The request info page has a email contact section with an "additional info" window. Ask there.
Old    00prostar205v            06-10-2004, 1:12 PM Reply   
Sanger seems to be happy with their production of about 400 boats a year and a dealer network limited to the west. I would not let the lack of a dealer in your area stop you from pursuing one. If you have any issues with the boat odds are very good it will be with Merc not Sanger. I owned a Sanger and they make great boats.

(Message edited by 00prostar205v on June 10, 2004)
Old    deltahoosier            06-10-2004, 2:13 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris... That is what I got from them at the boat show as well. Too close in price for me to switch.
Old     (goth2o)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-10-2004, 2:27 PM Reply   
Tiff, Email me! I am In MS, plus I can fill ya in on Sanger's wildland1@hotmail.com. Are you going out at all this weekend?

I have 4 days with nothing to do
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
as for these people that have prolbems with wood stringers. All the old race boats used wood stringers because of their strength and durability. I cost more to use wood and sanger was a leader in the race boat industry many years ago with a proven record in the strength of their boats. Why change a good thing!! If it works don't change it to save a buck. Keep up the good work SANGER
Old     (wakehound)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-10-2004, 3:38 PM Reply   
Rod, I priced out both, and Malibu went up about 7-8k over what my buddy paid for an 03 VLX. I was quoted about 52K (pre-tax) for a Malibu, and ended up paying 44 and change (out the door) for the 215.

mb

EDIT: I picked the same options for both boats.

(Message edited by wakehound on June 10, 2004)