Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    crazyirish            06-08-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying my first boat and need some help. Finding a decent used inboard up here is a rough time. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is a good deal?
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/4/71957654.htm

Thanks
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-08-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
Sounds a little high on price but if it's a well taken care of and maintained one it's worth it. Go out and drive/ride it with weight and see if you like it.
Old    ihatetubers            06-08-2004, 10:33 PM Reply   
i have the exact same boat. they have superb wakes with a lil bit of weight everyone i talked to b4 i bought one has only good things to say about it . they are really good boats. go ride behind it first make sure everything is clean and look where the tower is mounted and make sure theres no craks. price is a little high, try to talk him down i got myn for 10
Old    deiselgrover            06-09-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
Look at www.nada.com They have boat pricing on there and what you can expect to pay for used boats. Its like Kelley Blue Book for boats. Anyway keep in mind that the pricing they give you on there is a low and average. You can read about what they call those. So if it is in as good as shape as they say it could be worth more than the average. Plus watch the pricing because some include a trailer and some don't. You can get the price of the trailer on the website also. I think if they include a trailer than there is an asterisk by the price. Hope that helps. Not the same boat but i just bought a 92 Sport Nautique and love it. Puts off a nice wake. Im not sure how the 2001's compare to the sports though.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-09-2004, 6:06 AM Reply   
I bought a 92 for that price...no tower though and 450 hours. I can tell you that extremely low hours are almost as detrimental as very high hours. Boats like most things mechanical do not do well just sitting around. Go ride/drive it and see what it is like.

Eric
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-09-2004, 3:34 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, that's actually my brother's boat, and of course I'm going to tell you it's a good deal. I know how tough it is to find an old wakeboard boat in Northern MN-ND. I'm in CA now, but I'll be home over the 4th if you're looking for a test ride/drive. Otherwise, my dad would be more than willing to take you for a spin. I know my bro put like 2K into the tower and accessories not too long ago. It's probably worth around 10-11K without the tower & accessories.

We had an 85 Nautique 2001 and I now own a 92 Sport. I love the wake on my Sport, and I still want to say the 2001 model throws a better wake, but it's close. Anyway, you'll definitely be happy with the wake. Good luck!