Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-02-2004, 11:44 PM Reply   
Hey folks I'm pretty sure that these are the same boat except the DLX is a direct drive. I've ridden a V210 weighted and it was really nice, can anyone give me a perspective on the DLX's wake characteristics and the "necessaries" required to create a great wake. Much thanks.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-03-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
Hey Steve, go check with Jared at XM. His dad has a DLX, I'm sure they would be more than happy to have you ride along with them. I rode behind it a few times, and with no ballast, 6 full size adults, the wake was surprisingly decent. Add a couple of bags into the mix, and it should get XL.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
I have the DLX and would definitely go with the V210 if you plan on weighting it down. I love my DLX wake and so has everyone else that has ridden behind it. I pop out the rear seat and run a Fat Seat, tube sack in the trunk and a buddy sack in the bow. My biggest complaint it that with the fat seat or sacks in the back you feel like you are climbing over everything to get to the swim deck and there is no interior room left. With the V210, you can drop the sacks in the rear storage compartments and still have the interior room open.

I believe that the V210 and DLX run on the same hull, so except for weight locations, they will both throw a great wake.

Knowing what I know now, I wish I had gone with the V drive when I bought my boat and if I get an opportunity to upgrade in the next year or two I will be getting a V210.

Shawn
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-05-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
The hulls are different. DLX and DXII are 20 feet long and V210's are 21 feet. Basicaly throw the same wake but as stated earlier, easier to hide sacs in the V210, and the V210 is heavier out of the gate.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-05-2004, 11:50 PM Reply   
Pretty sure both the DLX & V210 are 20'8 & 90 inches wide. The DLX is shorter and narrower.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
Sorry but Sparky is incorrect.

I have a 96 DLX and couldnt be happier. I like everybody would love a v drive and maybe someday I will be able to make that step. But I feel blessed for what I do have and will make do for awhile. I run 600lbs of lead hidden in the hull and an additional 400 of semi auto ballast in the locker. The wake is big, rampy and very crisp. A v210 is about equal or slightly larger but takes more weight in the front to get there. This is my 3rd Sanger and when I do move up I will likely get the V215.

The DX 2 is a different hull entirely. The V210 & DLX are the same hull from same mold. The top deck however is totally different. The gas tank is moved from the rear, to the floor where the engne should be in the DLX and in the V210 is 16 gallons larger.(which is why some think the V210 throws a bigger wake.) The v210 is heavier also due to the V drive unit. Both boats drive very well even when weighted.

All Sangers seem to be very weight sensitive. simply moving a passenger will clean up the wake a bunch if it rolls to the right. That is due to the low degree of prop angle compared to other inboard boats.

Rick

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2004, 6:29 PM Reply   
Isn't the DLX just an open bow version of the DXII? Maybe I've got my model numbers mixed up.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
My bad. DLX and V210 have the same hull.