Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
Does the mb 220 direct drive throw out a smooth enough wake to use in a slalom course? I am looking for a good cross over boat.
Old    mb_girl            06-07-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
David,
Before buying our Malibu, one of the boats that we looked at was the 220. For a variety of reasons we didn't buy it, but one of the big ones is that even the sales guy said that if we like to slalom *at all* that we wouldn't like the wake of the 220. We figure that it wasn't a good sign if the salesman is warning us off & didn't even demo it for that reason.

If you're looking for a good crossover boat, the Malibu Sunsetter LXI would be a good one to look at & should be in the same price range. Tracks awesome & puts out a wake that is not really any larger & only a little harder than a Response. It'll also put out a respectable wakeboarding wake, especially when used with the Wedge - extremely versatile.

Hope that helps.
Old     (davidgree1)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-07-2004, 8:20 PM Reply   
Thanks. That is the other boat I was looking at.
Old    yellowdog            06-08-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
David,

I have a 1997 210 which I think is a very similar hull to the 220??? I bought the boat for slalom skiing and like everyone else has converted it to a wakeboard boat. The wake is extremely good for slalom skiing with the exception of a little bump at 15 off. Also, we have added an automatic ballast system with around 1,500 lbs weight and as long as You don't put to much weight in the trunk, you won't get the double peak that MB is netorious for. To make a long story short, I couldn't be happier with the 210's ability to have a world class slalom wake and through a wake that will compete with an 2004 SAN.