Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    mrayrage19            06-04-2004, 3:03 PM Reply   
how much, if you have any pics please post. Owners: are you happy with it or should i go for a malibu
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       06-04-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
Get the Malibu - i own the Supra and love it, but there is somthing nice about having the only SSV on the lake in a sea of MC's and Bu's.
Old    allterr1            06-04-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
I think around 42K (don't quote me on that price) Was up there the other day and inquired, and I thought thats what he said.
Old    mygreenmonster            06-04-2004, 9:20 PM Reply   
I paid a little more than Allt heard for my 04 gravity games boat. I use it on Saturdays and ride behind my co-worker's Malibu 02 VLX on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I have put over 30 hours on my boat so far. But I have about 300 hours of experience with Malibu VLX 02 and 03 models because of my friends that I ride with during the week.

I personally like the wake of my boat better. It is a bigger and wider wake with standard ballast. But the Malibu still provides a professional wakeboarding wake also.

The swim platform on the Malibu is better because the lip prevents the boards from hitting the gelcoat on the back of the boat. It also stays above the water so you can jump off of the platform into the water easier with your board on. My boat's swim platform is submerged into the water which makes it difficult to jump off of after you put your board on.

The stadium seating in the GG SSV has the Malibu seating beat hands down. When you have a few people in your boat, most people like to sit facing backwards and relaxing instead of straining their necks to watch the action behind the boat.

The tower and board racks are better on the GG SSV since the rope doesn't get caught on the bindings of the wakeboards that are in the racks. In the Malibu with a Titan tower, we always have problems with the wakeboard rope getting caught on the bindings. This is not a problem at all on the GG SSV.

For tower break down, the Titan tower is easier since it is one bolt to unscrew. The GG SSV has 3 hand screws on each side of the tower (6 total hand screws). But it isn't difficult to break down. I break the tower down by myself every time within a minute before backing the boat into my garage.

The GG SSV is 21' 8" and the Malibu VLX is an even 21'. So if you boat on a lake that requires boats no larger than 21', the GG SSV is out of the picture.

The Supra has the Malibu beat when it comes to wake tuning. Malibu has what I call "Binary wake tuning". You either have one shape or the other before you start your wakeboard run(Manually set the Wedge up or down). With the Supra, you can fine tune the wake during wakeboarding with the electronic hydraulic wake plate and guage. This enables you to change the wake from mild to peaky or anywhere in between during the wakeboard run.

I could go on, but basically I am extremely happy with my purchase. It is a great quality boat and I have a superb dealership to work with.

Here are pics of my boat setup and wake.
Boat:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Pics&galleryid=10

Boat Audio:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Boat%20Audio&galleryid=8&PageIndex=0 &PicPageIndex=0#Pictures

The Wake:
http://www.wakeboardindiana.com/portal/DesktopModules/EditPictureGallery.aspx?username=mygreenmonster.co m&GalleryName=Wakeboarding&galleryid=6&PageIndex=0 &PicPageIndex=0#Pictures