Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (merge360)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-13-2007, 7:33 PM Reply   
So... We put the boat in the water last weekend and my wife decides she wants to give the sport of wakeboarding a try... Again.

Let me back up a bit.... We purchased our boat in July of 2006 and she only rode behind it one time. What's crazy is that the first time she got out there, she got up on her first try! Man, I was excited for her and very proud of her, to say the least... Shortly after, she simply let go of the rope and says, "Ok, that's enough"..... Hadn't been back on a board since....

Back to last weekend.... She wants to ride again. So I get her all set up, walk her through everything, she hops out in the water and BAM! She's hooked! She rode several times that day, just getting the feel of the board and the water! Cutting across both wakes, working on some of the basic fundamentals, etc. I was without words! Then she says to me, "Sorry I've spent so much time out here... I know you want to ride, but I'm just having so much fun.... I think I need MY OWN BOARD!"

What did she just say? Her own board? Her own set-up? I was shocked! And excited!

The very next day I went and purchased her a Liquid Force Diva 135 w/Fusion bindings (package set-up). Granted, when we started looking at boards she wanted the "Pretty pink one" and I had to explain to her that sometimes it's function over fashion... She understood and she's extremely happy with her "Aqua blue" Diva!

It's great to see her out there riding and excited about a sport that means so much to me!

Think it's too early to ask for the V-Drive?

Hope everyone else's experience with their wife/girlfriend has been this great!
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-13-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
If she goes for the Vdrive, it would sound like a dream come true. Dont push any new changes to soon. Have fun w/ it.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-13-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
yup you got her hooked, now reel her in slowly....the real test comes after her first eye peeling digger, if she still wants to get back up on the board then you know you have got her....then ask for the v-drive, preferrably a Bu you could even get a pretty pink one to please her LOL!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2007, 11:03 PM Reply   
I say ask for the V drive now...before that eye digger. Get her while she is stoked. I wish I had life that easy. My husband and 11 year old son can take it or leave it. Then my husband gets mad when I spend so much time improving my riding and hanging around my club friends and at tournaments. No one in my family shares my passion. I am happy for you.
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-14-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
I'm still working on this... She just can't grasp the concept and lets herself get pulled over the board.
Old     (paulw)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-14-2007, 9:52 AM Reply   
My wife just started also and is loving it. We have been boating for years and its so nice to have her excited about boarding now. She had a hard time getting up and when I slowed it way down on the start, it helped a lot. Only pulling her around 17 mph right now. We have the Vdrive and love the boat, but how can you not love the Xstar. She even helps with the payments Life is good over here. She had a bad day yesterday and the only thing she said is " I can't wait to get out on my board and go boarding" we have her hooked now.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-14-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Wow thats simply awesome! I got goose bumps reading that.
Old     (deltardr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-14-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
My fiancee is hooked. After watching me last year she went out and bought a setup. We went out two weeks ago and she popped up on her second try and rode like a champ. We got home later that day, and we are sitting around and she looks at me and asks "when we move, after we get our house can we buy a boat?" Im a very lucky man.
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-16-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
.......congrats....lucky guy...I am still working on my kids...my wife tried last year...then quit...never got up. But she has agreed to let me get a wake boat...yipee!

......but now I owe her and addition onto the house and a pool.

(Message edited by absoluteboarder on July 16, 2007)
Old     (desertcajun)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-21-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
PUSH FOR THE V DRIVE NOW!!!!! WHEN MY WIFE TRIED TO WAKE BOARD WE HAD AN 18 FT BAYLINER. NOW SHE IS JUST AS STOKED AS I AM ABOUT WAKEBOARDING. ALSO SHE LOVES DRIVING WHEN I BOARD WITH THIS BOAT THAN THE I/O WE USED TO HAVE

Upload