Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
I was wondering how or where to weigh down in the boat to take the lip or white wash off the wake. The wake I ride has some white wash. I know that rope length and boat speed matter, but I dunno where to weigh down. Any suggestions???
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-16-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
how fast are you going ?

(Message edited by domin8 on June 16, 2005)
Old    zboomer            06-17-2005, 5:39 AM Reply   
More weight in the front will lessen the lip and white wash. If you're going too slow, nothing will help. Varies by boat, but once you start getting under 15-18 or so, forget it.
Old    luv2wake2            06-17-2005, 5:41 AM Reply   
This might help, when your boat is in the water, the person who is getting ready to board, have them stand right in the middle center line of the boat and look at your swim platform to see if the boat is sitting level from side to side. You want about a 60% back and a 40% front ratio also. The side that has the white wash needs more weight. The force of the prop throws a little weight to one side also. So once your boat is on plane you may have to move some bodys around. If you need some more weight get a box of twinkies and try to lure some big babes in :-) You didn't say what kind of boat you have, some I/O's almost always have white wash.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-17-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
Less weight or more speed if it is on both sides. More weight on the foamy side if it just on one side.

More weight in the rear of the boat makes the wake steep. More weight in the front makes more ramp and less lip.
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-17-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
I have an 04 Centurion Cyclone. I go 21.5 exact cause i got perfect pass. my rope length is about 70 feet.
Old    luv2wake2            06-17-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
So how much weight are you running and where? I have a Malibu V-drive, run 2 600 lbs sacks in the back, 500 lbs in the middle and another 500 up in the bow.... plus a wedge, but we run 23 to 24. We can run empty weight and go 18- 19 mph and the wake is plenty big enough for the Waleys. The faster you go the more weight you need.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
I find that on my cyclone that I normally get just a bit of white on the top of both wakes. It does not affect anything. If you are getting more wash on one side add weight to that side. if you have a bennet trim tab you can also adjust the white wash with that.

Adding weight to the front of the boat might also help

You might also check your speed with a gps just because you have perfect pass does not mean that the speed has been set

(Message edited by krbaugh on June 17, 2005)
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
do you have spray pockets?
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2005, 3:32 PM Reply   
Ok I may be the only one but because of the seating in my boat I have to put additional weight on the passenger side to even out the wake. Because of driver placement and prop spin the passenger side is smooth and the driver side washes, when I put weight on the passenger side it cleans up real nice.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2005, 9:17 PM Reply   
nice Tristar. those would be a bit lighter on the port side than something with a full windshield, but i have to keep some extra weight permanently on the port side in my VLX too, along with the dual batts under the spotter seat.
Old    simplemind            06-18-2005, 10:49 AM Reply   
Same results as robandrus with my '01 Air Nautique. It seems you need about 200 lbs. on the port side as near to the observer seat as possible.