Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-21-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
A friend of mine just bought a 2006 X-2. It was a demo boat or something like that and had very few hours. The ballast gauges don't work on it. I thought I remember reading that this was not an unusual problem for this boat. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-21-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
I have the same question???
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-21-2008, 8:19 PM Reply   
When they start pumping water out of the overflows shut them off. The gauges are pretty much useless. Mine show half full, or full at all times and never show empty. No big deal, they work about as good as a gas gauge on a boat.

The new MCs, from what I head, show percentages on the display. Haven't seen in person yet but makes sense.

(Message edited by jmuthafnp on June 21, 2008)
Old     (22parksm)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-21-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
you find the meters on the tanks. they have 2 blue pot meters 1 to change the indication for empty the other for fill. You will have to fill and emt some times but mine are perfect now.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-23-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
How do you change the pot meters? What the hell is a pot meter?
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-23-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
mine also don't work to great...i had a friend explain it to me but i knew going in that they werent the best...i just ride full or empty now...the 08s are supposed to be better with the digital screen
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2008, 6:04 PM Reply   
post your question on tmcowners.com, someone there can explain it to you.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-24-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
mine have never worked right. i just look to see if they are done.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Found this on TMC owners...should help you understand how to calibrate it.

I have an 06 X2 with the same problem. After researching a little i found out that each of the tanks have an electronic sender atop each of them. If you remove the three screws from the access panel on the Starb. and Port inside your storage compartments, you will see the electronic sender. There are two set screws that have some gunk on each of them to keep them from moving. If you scrape off the gunk and use a small screwdriver you can set these the tank level to match the guages. There are two (plastic) screws... one for empty calibrationa and one for full. Turn on your ignition and you can see the changes to the scew positions on your guages. Mine get off a couple of times a summer.

The KGB (center) tank sender is under an access panel inside you passenger seat storage. Slide it to the side and you will have the same access as in the back.

We used this on our X2 and it worked great.

Good luck
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-25-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I'll try it out this weekend and return and report.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-25-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
We used this all the time, it worked really well. We did have to adjust a couple of times a year but it made a big difference.