Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (lukester13)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-03-2008, 4:31 PM Reply   
I have a 2005 X-2 with the MCX motor, problem occurs while trying to engage forward/reverse gear and pick up throttle. I can engage both forward/reverse but then the engine won't pick up rpm's, it just stays at idle. At the same time the check engine prompt comes on and an alarm sounds. I've had a boat shop look at this, they figured it was the throttle actuator control, but after $950 worth of repair the same problem persists. Any ideas or help would be appreciated as they don't have any other ideas and now the boats been down for 6 weeks.
Old     (burtonrider77)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-03-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
take it to your local mc dealer, it probably needs to be looked at on the computer. that will probably give some clues to what the problem is. it seems like its going in to reduction mode where the ecm takes away the throttle. Nor Cal Mastercraft in Pleasanton}}}
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-04-2008, 3:27 PM Reply   
go to tmcowners.com and ask the question. it is MCs talk forum and they probably can give you some ideas
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-04-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Its probably in RPM recession mode. The ECM (Electronic control module) Will send out a code and it wont let you take the throttle past a certain RPM because the ECM found a problem with the engine. I know the newer ones do this but not sure about the 2005. If its the same story you must take it to an MC dealer and have the technicians hook up a lap top and clear the code. At that time the laptop will also feed the technician the original problem and why it went into the RPM recession mode