Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    mojo            12-14-2010, 12:18 AM Reply   
looking to upgrade my 08 one boots size 8. i used to love the old hyperlite parks' boots the most out of their whole line for a few years. only complaint about the one's is that i can feel some "distortion" on pokes and feel like the flex is a little too stiff. i don't ride with j-bars, but have and could handle it either way since frank's are built in. my biggest concern really is sizing. went with 8's b/c i tried on some demo 9's and they were stretched out way too big. ronix says the new liner's don't stretch as much so i was wondering if should go with size 8 or 9. my current boots could not fit any better, but i had to let em stretch a few rides before they were comfy. anyone who has rode either or both please chime in. makes about a 75$ difference and with a new board it's expensive.
Old    mojo            12-14-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
oh ya. do frank's have feet belt and the ink in the heel? having a tough time finding info with continuity.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-14-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
The Franks come up a little higher on the leg and provide more support (a little stiffer than Reliks, but not as stiff as the Cells/One). Both are super comfortable! I honestly don't know what makes up "feetbelt", but the Franks do not say they have them while the Reliks do. The 2011 Franks do have the heat sensitive ink image.
Old    mojo            12-14-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
thanks. the feetbelt is part of the lower lace zone that pulls your heel into the heel of the boot for great hold down. probably end up going with frank's to save a little money. i know i won't be disappointed. only thing that could make ronix' products better is if they made them right here the good ol' us of a