Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
Made a quick run by ski beach and it looked like mayhem. What was up with that all red deck boat hauling a$$ around the place pushing rollers into the beach? That MC with the "stars and stripes" graphics was sick
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-18-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
that red boat was leaving in a hurry because they almost got jumped. about 10 beer bottles were launched at it and probably 8 of them bounced off the gel coat and top of it. the guy driving was flashing a knife in the air like he was crazy. too much testosterone(spelling?) runnin around
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-18-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
ski beach was nuts today. we had a firsttimer out there and they aren't used to seeing party spots
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
Sounds like standard behavior at ski beach. too much testosterone?? Understatement, too much "t", with too much alcohol.

A knife, that is funny. Hopefully he was driving away. wouldn't doubt someone in that crowd having a little heavier in that crowd
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-18-2007, 9:06 PM Reply   
ski beach is just a click hang out if you aint in you dont go, and then the gang bangers show up and think they can just start talking you end up with someone pulling a knife or better yet a gun ,it wont be long before they shut that one down too.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2007, 9:28 PM Reply   
ski beach is what wakeboarding is all about
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-18-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
I went by ski beach today it looked a bit out of control. Just idled by to show my friends some delta fun. Who put out the "NO POWER TURNS" sign on the island on the way back from indian slough towards rivers end
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-18-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
yeah the no power turns on old river is awesome. we need more of those signs up
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-19-2007, 12:16 AM Reply   
decided that i would post a panoramic of the beach from today
Upload

sorry for the quality had to make it fit on here and that doesn't allow for a huge file

(Message edited by wakeeater on August 19, 2007)
Old     (04gravitygames)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-19-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
cool scene.
Old     (reachjims)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
guns, gangbangers, and people throwing beer bottles. sounds like a gay scene to me.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
Mitch, I've had some good times at ski beach. But on days like yesterday, i'm not sure if "ski beach is what wakeboarding is all about".
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Sounds like the reason wakeboarders get the reputation that they do.
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
after the d.r.a. comp was canceled. since we had time and were in the area thought we would check out a few hot spots that we had heard about but had never been to. after eating at discovery bay yacht harbor we went over to victoria canal for some riding and stopped by ski beach. that whole area is a joke. how you ride there and not die is amazing. there were way too many unexperience drunk boaters. couldn't get back to are part of the delta fast enough. that is not what wakeboarding is about.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure Mitch is being sarcastic, plus he is a stupid wakeskater anyway ahahaha
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Thanks for clearing that up Ant. Sorry Mitch, I hadn't had my third cup of coffee yet when I wrote that.....seriously.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-19-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
they need to close ski beach... get rid of it. nothing good comes from that place.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-19-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
unfortunately a cool place to hang out has turned into steroid heaven. Its out of control and the trash that is left behind disgust me. None of the people there even ride.

I wish the cops would do something about the trash! Don't trash our water/beaches.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
The bottles that they threw almost hit my boat a couple of times. They landed in the water and were hurled back at the red boat. What a bunch of losers.

Jason, you were tied up to my white vlx that day. Good times.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-19-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
damn they do need to just have the patrol sit out there and bust all the drunk drivers. The delta is a fun place but when you throw bottles it just isn't cool.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       08-19-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
they do it doesnt help any!
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-19-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
man then it just needs to be dredged out. I go out to ride. If I want to site and drink I will just go to the beach. But then again if they all sit there and dont ride then its all good because then I get the place to myself
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2007, 10:00 PM Reply   
I'm glad the D' is big.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2007, 2:24 AM Reply   
you know i have grown up in Discovey bay and i am still there and i cant stand the beach. WTF have these people done to our delta. i sucks bc i grew up riding everyday and enjoying myself on the water even on the weekends. not many boats not to many drunks. now i feel like people come from all over the bay just to party, and they do. cant they keep the trash on thier own lake or at least in their part of the delta. way to may drunks and riding on the weekends is nearly imposible bc every steriod freak is blasting through drunk as noticing there is a line in the water..... this year i decided to start competing in DRA again, then i came to relize after the first event that the drunk idiots ruined it for all the riders. it was a comp not a party. ahhhhh im sorry i am just so anoyed with this crap i cant stand it. ahahaha one time i invited these bunch of girls on my boat then they started to complain that they didnt want to ride and they wanted to go to the beach so i told them if they want to go to the beach they better find a ride and i left them at union point.lol good times
Old    wakekite            08-20-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
Michael - I couldn't agree with you more! I remember when Go Wakin was around, they installed some benches and it was only a matter of time before some one broke them down and burnt them! Go Wakin also used to do a Beach Clean Up Day! Ski Beach should be closed!
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
How do the gang bangers get there? I am from the west coast and the ones out here dont know how to drive boats let alone own one. Should be pretty easy to get rid of them, send a big wave their direction and they are bound to drown. Pants around their knees would keep them from swimming... just an idea
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       08-20-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
yo Trevor, Ski Beach is even more West Side than AZ....wessiiiiide reppin' yo!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Yeah... you can't get much more west than the Delta. Ha, ha, ha.

Ski Beach should be dredged over. It's a joke. The only good thing is that it keeps all the jacka$$es over there so we can ride in peace. Callen is the only guy I know that actually likes that place. He's pretty gangster himself, though.

Anyway... I love how the cops come and shutdown DRA (a fun, safe environment for wakeboarders), but don't touch ski-beach. What a joke.

(Message edited by guido on August 20, 2007)
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
The cops have tried to crack down many times. There isn't enough marine patrol units in CoCo county to address the problems
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-20-2007, 2:48 PM Reply   
you know living on the delta is just becoming frusturating now, but you cant complain bc there is really nothing we can do about it. if we get more cops around its just going to become more of a pain in the ass all week. im over it. so even you own the "bonecrusher" huh, i think i saw you last wensday on victoria, we were the only 2 out there, i have the blue and gray VlX and you were pulling the dude that rips with the paralized arm. man he throws down.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-20-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
yea evan that is kinda funny how those cops think that they are doin a great service by shutting down a good clean atmosphere and not running up on ski beach and bustin all trash outta there and not to mention all the underagers out there. oh well what are ya gonna do.

i do like goin there and watchin all the chaos. its kinda funny.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-20-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
There are other places to patrol on the delta? seems like ski beach needs to have a permanant patrol on all weekends. Yea that place scares me and even worse sometimes I ride twins and all those drunks have to get back to the marina sometime and there path will be right where I am riding.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 1:11 PM Reply   
Yeah, ski beach is fun to watch, but its getting ridiculous when a ton of people who don't even wakeboard come out there to just get hammered and fight. They don't know how to drive a boat or ride and they call themselves wakeboarders just because they are on the Delta. That beer throwing deal was ridiculous. The Delta is for Riding First, partying second. Thats what real wakeboarders do.
Old     (jcstudebaker)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Its sad but Ill agree with Evan, its keeps all the drunks there, if you know the delta and want to stay away from there there are plenty of sloughs that are not in the path of the drunks. A guy used to invite me wakeboarding and all it consisted of was one ride and the rest of the afternoon at the beach. I went because it was a free ride and a couple of beers. But honestly ski beach is getting worse in the past year or so with the roids, ill agree, but what can you do, honestly its Stockton, what did you expect. Just the other day I drove out of my apatrment complex to a line of five cars "ghost ridding" so you get what you have, I guess. Leave the beack, let those who want to party party, arrest those who drive drunk. What really kills me and makes me cry on the inside is when I see kids there and the parents are getting wasted, and the kids are unsupervised. I know that any of you who drive by or go there see that, and thats sad, like taking your kids to a bar. I just know that when I leave GBs I ride and turn around right before ski beach, thats all you have to do.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
are there two places referred to as ski beach? the one i've been too near garlic bro's hasnt seemed that bad the few times i went. it was fun an no gangter/ steroid freaks. maybe i was just lucky ..
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
yeah, there are a couple of "ski beaches". The one near Garlic Brothers is smaller and doesn't get as crazy. The one we are all talking about is at the end of twin sloughs, right before the 5 mph zone where the ferry crosses. Its on the Disco Bay/Union Point side of the Delta.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-21-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
**Quick hijack**

Shehan, what up from a fellow old school CPWBC alumnus. After some of our old Kickoffs how bad can Ski Beach really be?

**End 'jack**

Don't do steroids. they make your...
Old    wakelvr            08-21-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
The one thing I do appreciate about ski beach is it does take a good percentage of idiots off the water for some time while people who do like to ride can find good water and safer conditions.
Old    wakelvr            08-21-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
whoops, okay, ditto to Evan.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
to be honest there would not be as many idiots on the water in the first place if ski beach didnt exist. the water started to get extremly crouded when the lame ass beach became popular.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-21-2007, 11:59 PM Reply   
You're right the delta is crazy, I don't know how people survive even one visit out here. Better stick to the lakes.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
yeah dont go to the delta its too crazy,
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-22-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
yeah, but its the best water anywhere. Where else can you go on a busy holiday weekend and find butter water?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-22-2007, 10:08 AM Reply   
i heard the delta was dirty and has alligators and whales, the lakes sound way better.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-22-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
yeah its dirty too, so go to the lakes.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
I agree with CRASH..Delta is no good....Water snakes, gators, whales, fisherman (western bass)... ....
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Yeah really dangerous, shallow and dirty water. Please stay off the Delta.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-22-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
Butter...No butter in the delta, maybe toxic farm run-off. It's terrible.

Now Don Pedro, what a lake! go there!!
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-22-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
dont send everyone to pedro!!! place is already chopped out as it is. lol
Old     (wakeletter75)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-28-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
The gators and water-mocasins scare me everytime
I ride.Thats probably why that one guy carries a knife!!!