Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (hyrific)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-19-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
We finnally got rid of our boat and now are lookin to get another one. Have some questions for some of you boat geeks like myself. In 2004 they changed the wakesetter lsv I am wondering if the ballast in under the floor on the 2 rear tanks by the engine? Also with the 425 hp 8.1 liter engine any of you that may own this What is the gas drainage like on this one? Is it really bad or somewhat bad? or you don't notice it too much from like the 383 or 350 blocks? Also this was the first year this engine was put out for use and have you had any glitches or problems to speakof? My dealer said they changed some linkage that was bad on them? and the new one has 450 hp too. anyway that is my questions if anybody has some input I would like it greatly.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
Hidden rear tanks for the qMLS system were not added until just after the start of the '05 model year.

If you plan on adding extreme amounts of ballast, the 8.1L engine may actually be more effecient has it has more low end torque. The difference between any of the engines though won't be that much, and if you're buying an LSV, shouldn't be much of a consideration in the purchase process. The 383 was no available until the '05 model year.

For more information check out http://www.MalibuBoatOwners.com
Old    zboomer            07-20-2005, 8:19 AM Reply   
Good advice, but that site no longer exists.

Most of the users now reside at http://www.themalibucrew.com
Old    swass            07-20-2005, 8:21 AM Reply   
What happened to MBO?
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       07-20-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
It turned into wakesiderides.com and added all makes / models of boats.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-20-2005, 11:52 AM Reply   
For Bu owners, I find Malibuboatowners a great site. Wakesiderides in nice also, but the other is much more like MBO was, and specific to Bu's.

Not to discount all your hard work Jason. You have always done an outstanding job. Keep up the good work!
Old    zboomer            07-21-2005, 6:05 AM Reply   
Basically MBO became wakesiderides.com, which is also a great site (and getting better all the time.)

It caters to all boat brands, which is a cool idea IMO.

themalibucrew.com is malibu specific.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-21-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
I am not really down at all with wakesiderides site. To me it seems to be all about ' hey look how biatch'n all my stuff is '.