Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (boardridesurf)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-19-2009, 9:05 PM Reply   
I have been riding the 2007 138 Watson without fins and I have really enjoyed this board. Its now fairly beat up so I replaced it with a 2008 140 Shane for this year. Haven't rode the Shane yet, can someone comment on how the Shane rides finless compared the the Watson finless. Is the Shane too loose without the fins for most people? I am sure I will try it with and without fins to find out which I like better, but it seems like this board was maybe designed to be ridden with the fins in (there are large holes all the way through the board for the fins to insert into-much larger than the typical screw hole-about the size of a dime).
Thanks
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2009, 9:14 PM Reply   
don't ride it w/o the bolt-on fins. it wasn't designed to be ridden w/o them. see if you can get your hands on a set of fins that came off the 132, as they are smaller. the smaller fins will give the 140 a much looser ride.
Old     (ncsumalibu)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-20-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
I am riding a shane 140 with the fins in and it is loose as a goose when you want it to be but locks in on edge when you dig in. I haven't taken the fins out but I can't see a need too as it breaks loose without much effort.
Old     (lurker)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2009, 7:53 AM Reply   
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I have a similar question about another LF board. I just got an 08 LF PS3. Should I ride it with or without the fins? Thanks for the help and sorry for the sorta thread hijack.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-20-2009, 7:56 AM Reply   
Eastcoast - Try it both ways and see which way you like more and better fits your riding style. Nobody here can tell you how loose you like your boards.
Old     (lurker)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Ok, thanks. That is what I was going to do until I saw Austin's post. Then I started thinking maybe it was really intended to only be ridden with the fins.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-20-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
Yeah, maybe so. I don't have that board so you could definitley be right. Maybe it's supposed to be ridden only one way.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-20-2009, 11:50 PM Reply   
theres no hard and fast rule with the fins, you can achieve anything on the shane minus the cup fins if you like a looser feel. The PS3 you definitely dont need the center fin unless you want it to have more bite on the edge. Personally I think its a more fun board without the center fin, but I hate center fins on any board.