Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-27-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
This week we were having our sales meetings up at Castle Rock lake in Wi and I brought the boat for some extra fun for the group. Overall everything was pretty good but I had some bad karma or something bc there were a serious of things that went wrong. It is so frustrating but at least they are already addressed.
1 - Key got stuck in ignition and had to have the ignition switch. Dealer has all ready addressed this. (Thanks Brain at Lauderdale Lakes)
2 - had 4 bumpers on boat while docked and still maged to get a nice sized mark in the gel. It will take some serious rubbing
3 - One bumper fell of the last night and floated away and is lost to the lake gods.
4 - Sunglasses broke. Luckily they have a lifetime warranty
5 - The worst thing is I hit something on the drive back and the front crosee member of the trailer is bend pretty bad and it popped the weld. The frsutrating thing is you would have thought I would have felt it or heard it but I didn't. Once again Lauderdale has it being repaired today so I can go to the Supra event tomorrow. On the positive nothing happened to the boat.

Sorry for the long post but I had to vent. Overall I am not sweating it since everything is being addressed and everyone had a great time.
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       07-27-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Your lucky that you have a good dealer who can quickly address those issues and not leave you stranded without a boat.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-27-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
Check your launch ramp. Alot of times damage to the front cross member happens when the wheels drop off the end of the ramp and the cross member hooks on the broken up concrete. If you hit something on the road i would think you would have heard or felt it.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-30-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Bazel - how is the water over at Lauderdale on the weekends? I am at my place on Turtle almost every weekend but we can only make wake from 10a - 2p and I would obviously like a little more time.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-31-2007, 7:35 AM Reply   
Lauderdale is not bad depending on when you are there. Weekends are a bit hairy. The launch is not the best so make sure you have a crew that helps.

I am liking Lake Whitewater. Pretty good water.
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-31-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
Whitewater? Even on the weekends? Maybe I'll head over there next weekend and check it out. Is it clear or murky? Anything I should look out for?