Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-02-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
So I took Whitney from WWS Tige out to Cherry Creek today with ...yes...the new Soulcraft Jetty Swallow tail I call "Sex Panther". Whit took the first turn on it, Its all about giving right! She had a blast for sure!

Now I am not a pro rider, builder or even have Tige expert status and am really not a voice with any credibility. I do my best to "CHARGED HARD" and have committed myself to understanding and leaning from everyone I can providing the best surfing experience possible to our customers (you). Seeking information has lead me to Cal for the WCWO and Worlds in Parker AZ. I became a sales rep/dealer for the must sought after boards on the market and have become friends with some of the industry leaders of this amazing sport.

With that said I can't hold back the WOW factor that I was exposed to this afternoon.
Jeff Wahlers of Soulcraft Boarding hand crafted me the most amazing board I have every surfed to date. this 4.6 Jetty Swallow tail is fast down the line with just a twist of my ankle or a bend of my back knee, stable enough to allow me to recover from coming down off the moon (not like James Walker but i'm working on it), and it turns like a grocery cart being pushed backwards at 60MPH but stays under you. We out fitted it with Futures F4 (V2) fins as a twiner and it hangs on the R20 wake like a hobo hanging onto an old freight train. This board is amazing and is a hidden jewell in this rapid growing sport.

I have tried really hard not to share my opinion on boards because of my reason for starting Squid's Wake. "Let a board pick you" by honestly offering them all an opportunity to shine maximizing your surfing experience.
Every board in our quiver is a home run in its own right. I respect and am honored to be a part of something that is much bigger then me (some dude with a bunch of boards offering them up to the next inboard boat the floats past).

If your in the market, please do yourself the favor and think of the following boards. If you haven't tried them, how do you really know there not for you? You don't. Allowing a board to pick you requires the ability to just ride them with an open mind. If your friend has one, ask, if you can make an event, do! If you don't your just cheating yourself out of an amazing experience that I can't describe, only embrace.

Soulcraft boarding
Shred Stixx
Idol Surfboards
The Walker Projects
Mendonesia Surf
Triple X Surf Comp.
Lakewakes Wakesurf boards
The FLYBOY DIVISION of Inland Surfer (Jeff Walker)

End of the Story: Soulcraft boarding has created a board that has truly picked me.