Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Mark, thanks for the invite. My wife graduated from UPS and we may visit this summer or next. If so, can I Email you at Inland? Regarding the Enzo, what is it about the hull design that causes the wave to form further back? Im thinking that the depth of the V may cause more of a delay in the rebounding water pushing straight up? What are your thoughts? Also, Jeff, what do you think?
Old    4sher            07-20-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
Sure Jim shoot me an email anytime, just use the private email function in my profile.

The Enzo's have always thrown a really nice, clean wake. Actually, that's what I like most about it, is how clean it is. All the white water goes to the other side. The boat has a very deep V that doesn't flatten out as much as some boat. I'm no expert, but I believe this has something to do with it. We are running the same amount of weight in the 24 as we did in the 23. The 23 wake seemed a little taller but not as long. I'm guessing since the 24 is displacing the weight along a longer running surface, we are getting a longer wake. The 24 is also about 6 inches deeper than the 24.

Also, each year, we seem to run the boat faster too (this causes a longer wave). Most of us are working on tricks and aerials, so having a longer wake to build speed gives us more options when hitting the lip.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
Mark, thanks for the info. You and Surfdad have me just about talked into the Enzo. And Im regular foot!!! There is a Centurion dealer about 1 hour from here. Next step is to take a look and see if I can get a Demo. After the Demo, it will probably take me another 6 months or so to prepare myself psychologically to part with all that $$$. Ouch. Its all ready hurting. But I think the endless wave might be worth it. Has anybody out there ever bought one of the larger wakeboats specifically for wake surfing, and regretted it?
Old    surfdad            07-20-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
Whoa there big fella, don't put me on the Enzo bandwagon just yet. I do like the Enzo, although I haven't had an opportunity to ride the 24 - Mark is TOO cheap to fly me up there and they seem to be the only people in existence to have the boat! :-)

The 23 Enzo works well with ballast. It is marginal in my opinion without the extra ballast afforded by the Enzo sac. A single sac tossed in the back will not inspire you. The Enzo sac makes the difference. The 'blade by itself doesn't help either, so...to get a decent surf wake out of the Enzo, be prepared to also buy the Enzo sac and install that.

Good thing you are regular foot, because unless you get the reverse rotating prop option, you'll find the starboard wake, IMO, less than good. Again, I haven't been on the 24 yet. With my crew we balance back and forth, some goofy some regular. The Inland folks NEVER weight the starboard side.

In order to fully get the wake clean, you need to run at 12mph. This is fast for recreational folks. At slower speeds the face isn't clean. I like riding faster, but if you are riding undersized boards or just barely correctly sized, riding at 12mph will leave you floating out the back.

However, the Enzo for port side only, heavily ballasted and running at 12mph with a nicely sized board, I think the Enzo is hard to beat in size, shape, length of the pocket and crispness of the lip.

Now as for the 24, again I haven't ridden it and apparently you have to be born into aristocracy, like Mark, to acquire one. :-)
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
All right all right Jeff, if I buy the Enzo and dont like it, I won't be naming you in the lawsuit. It sounds like you are quite satisfied with the Tige. Let me ask you again, but with greater clarity: If suddenly you didnt own any wakeboat, and you were aristocratic like Mark, which of the new, big wakeboats would you buy?
Old    surfdad            07-20-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
24 Enzo WITH Enzo Sac, reverse rotating prop option and two stipulations. If the 24 is crap compared to the 23, I get to trade it back in for a 23 AND a separate boat for Dennis and all of his Darkside riding kind. :-)

Then no cruizing allowed, we ALL strive to ride like this:

Upload
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
So you ARE on the bandwagon! Great picture of your son. At age 54, that kind of surfing might throw out my back. But, in my mind, thats exactly how I do it!
Old    surfdad            07-20-2006, 6:36 PM Reply   
My back's got two fused vert's and enough titanium to fashion a Buick, so I'm not worried about the throwing it out part. :-)

Jim, you've made a BROAD assumption! :-) I'm on that Enzo bandwagon within a very narrow range. No beginners, not worried about USCG weight recommendations while ballasting, I have free access to larger boards, I'm really not concerned with port AND starboard ballasting, picking one side and not switching to the other (Dennis you still have Tony's Tige! :-) ) AND it's strictly used for wakesurfing and wakesurfing only. That is my biggest issue with the Enzo, it does toss one of the best wakesurfing wakes in the market, but IMO, only within a pretty narrow set of parameters. I believe a number of other boats offer better overall performance if somewhat less than TOP OF THE LINE surf wakes. So I'm on the Enzo bandwagon with a laundry list of caveats. :-) Sheesh I sound like a politican! :-)
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
I'll sell my 2006 Avalanche for a good Deal!! It surfs great both sides.
Old    surfdad            07-20-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
Hey Holmesy, would you be willing to have your Avy available for the starboard weighted boat, if Tom needs it at Lake Washington? Last year we only had one goofy footed rider (Evan) and he opted to ride backside. Would be nice to have a starboard weighted boat ready for surfing.
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
Jeff, thats a good point. I might want the option of practicing my backside. If fact, thats half the reason I want a boat is to practice when the surf is flat. How the H am I going to make this decision?
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-20-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
Holmes, why are you selling your Avalanche, how long is it, and how much are you asking? Im looking for waist-high wake. Any Pics?
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
For the money I still think Calabria is one of the best boats out there.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-20-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
Jeff,
Thanks for getting that extra boat for me. What a guy. I kind of liked the Epic at 14mph in a circle. How's that for a narrow field.
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2006, 11:28 PM Reply   
Jim,

The reason I'm selling it is so I can get a new 2007. Its an 06, 110 hrs or so. Well maintained.

Its 22 ft long with a great wake.

Retail is about $53,000 before tax and all the fees.
I'll sell it for the book value. I just don't know what that is :-)

Jeff Walker is going to surf behind it Sunday so maybe he can let you know what he thinks of it.

I'll get more photos this weekend of it in the water.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2006, 11:35 PM Reply   
here are 2 more i found

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            07-21-2006, 5:52 AM Reply   
That's in great shape, I'll be sure to get some pictures of James boosting air behind it on Sunday. :-)

Dennis, you need to go on vacation! You can't just go round and round and round in circles! :-)
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-22-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Jeff,
If going in circles was the only issue in my life. Frankly I did not know we were going in circles. Memory loss?
Old    surfdad            07-23-2006, 5:30 AM Reply   
Dennis, it's old age! :-)

We are in Minnesota, beautiful State. We have a ride scheduled with Holmesy tomorrow. I'll let everyone know about the condition of his boat before we head down to Mankato for the contest.
Old    surfdad            07-24-2006, 4:04 AM Reply   
I have some pictures of Holmsey's boat, but can't post them until our retun on Friday. The boat is basically new. Less than 120 hours on it. It appears to have every option available (iPod dock to sideswipe exhaust).

We surfed both port and starboard sides. Persoanlly I though the starboard side was better, as it wasn't as steep as the port side, but both sides were good. The Avy has the same layout as the Enzo, so you could order a custom sac like the folks at Fat Sac make for the Enzo (only you'll need different dimensions) remove the hard tank and it would be a great wake on the port side. The starboard side doesn't really need much help, but I think a separate fat sac in lieu of the hard tank would make it better.

The Avy is a pretty decent wakesurf boat.

Holmsey also wakeboarded a bit, front rolls, hoochie-glides, raley's, and he almost stuck a Crow Mobe...so apparently the wakebboard wake is adequate also. :-)

It sounds like Holmsey is motivated to see this boat, so if you can get a deal from him and you're in the market for an Avy, I'd recommend it.
Old    4sher            07-24-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Here's a pic from earlier today with the 24 Enzo. This is with Enzo Sac and 2 people in the boat. Lance is actually about 20 ft back.Upload
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-24-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
I'll back Holmes up on his wake.
It's sick on both sides.Upload

Upload
Old     (jimgalloway)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-24-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Mark, thats an awesome picture with Lance hanging five in front of those big dollar homes - one of the best pictures Ive seen!
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-24-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
Vince, Word up!!

Come back up and Ride or come the the wakesurf event on Wednesday in Mankato MN.
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-25-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Homes, wish I could.
Busy week here, and I leave Sun for Cali for a sales meeting, and then right into the selling.
I'll be back up soon, though.
Old    surfdad            07-29-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
I didn't get any starboard side pics, but here is the port side wakesurf wake - holmsey catching air.

Upload

Holmsey indicAtes the wakeboard wake is adequate also. :-)

Upload