Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2004, 3:13 PM Reply   
I dont know if anyone checked it out yet, but the videos are up and you can vote for the global rider search. Some of the guys are really good. Go check it out at wakeboarder.com
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2004, 5:01 PM Reply   
I thought this was for riders you have never heard of. I know of Sims, Andrews & Bradley. They all ride in national tournaments.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
i had that same though too...plus, palma is sponsored already. The idea of this is to sponsor guys we havnt heard of?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2004, 7:39 PM Reply   
One of the riders is not wearing a vest. I thought they were eliminated immediatly. I shoulda entered my son.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
I voted for palma just because his video was the best, even though matt sims throws down w2w 9's and the 009. But then again palma has whirly 5's both ways and is a really smooth rider.

...you should have definately entered your son. Derek Conway I am guessing?
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-23-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
Yea, Dereks my boy. I did not enter him because I thought this was for the unknowns.

I think that Sims was the best. But I was really impressed with McCoy because he thru everything he had both regular & switch. That was cool.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-23-2004, 11:06 PM Reply   
i didnt like palma's video personally. the video is supposed to showcase the rider's ability, not the editor's ability to throw random crap on the lower half of the screen. the entire first minute could have been removed and it would have been great IMO.

i do have to say that after looking at all the videos i am kinda wondering why ONLY 2 of the 6 finalists actually are abiding by all the rules. perhaps buywake/ambush forgot their own rule saying that there must be 2 minutes of uncut, unedited footage?
Old     (jsebnick)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
I had to go with the Hamrick kid on this one! Style out of the wazzooo!!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
No offence Justin, But I don't know what you mean about Hamrick having style out the wazzooo! I went and watched his video again. He is average at best. I know kids 10-14 that are more stylish and better. Every thing he does is w2w. Most of his tricks are basic stuff. Among that group, he is 5th place at best.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-24-2004, 5:33 PM Reply   
I voted for Clay McCoy. That kid rips, pulling everything switch that he can do regular. That takes a ton of f$#@ing skill. Hope he wins.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2004, 6:14 PM Reply   
You are right. I think Sims is still better. But he rides in the Pro division. I have never heard of McCoy. I thought that wss what this contest was all about, the unknown rider. I have NEVER seen anybody do that many back 2 back switch & regular tricks before. It was sweeeeet!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2004, 7:41 PM Reply   
I may be a bit biased.....but I voted for Palma!!! Sick, smooth style and you can't deny the whirly 5.
Old    dogbeater            09-24-2004, 7:53 PM Reply   
"Is this contest fair?" All the videos except for Todd Forrest were not
continuos footage. The others should be disqualified for not abiding by the
rules. They should have made it fair for everyone and let the contestants
know that video editing was permitted, even though it was clearly stated in
the rules that it was not. They should either disqualify the videos that
are not continuos footage or have a new contest giving the others a chance
to edit their videos. It is easy to look good when you don't have to do all
your tricks continuosly within the four minutes allowed. I applaud those
who tried making the four minute continuous video without editing the video.
This contest unfairly allowed others to break this websites own rules by
permitting them to take hours of footage and kept the best clips in attempt
to make it appear that they ride like that constantly
Old    sbvfive            09-24-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
Mark, I understand your frustration, and I agree....except that I think you misread the rules. It said that only 2 minutes had to be continuous, not all four. I guess it doesn't matter, because only 1 or 2 videos has 2 minutes continous anyway.

Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-25-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Corey, Sims and Chases runs are all tourney runs. The only thing edited out of them is the boat turning around, I know b/c I was in the boat. Sims does a W2W 9, you don't even see that in pro contests. I wish they would have had footage of Coreys prelim run, he did a whirly 5 and a tanny to Blind.