Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (activeazgirl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-19-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
We have a group from the Phoenix area headed up to Lake Powell this weekend. We are looking for someone with a ski boat to join us. The 54 foot houseboat has room for a lot of people, but you can only travel with 15 passengers. We are a diverse group of outdoorsy individuals consisting of about 18 adults and 8 kids (ages 12-17). If you want to meet some great active people, we'd love for someone (or a couple) with a ski boat to meet up with us for some wakeboarding and to help us shuttle the group when we are driving the houseboat to a cove. Everyone is pitching in for gas. We are leaving from Phoenix on Thursday evening, but the houseboat doesn't leave the Marina until 7:30 am on Friday. Please contact me for more information. I hope someone can join us.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-19-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
i'd love to... but i don't have a boat ;(
good luck to you though
if all else fails, find a beach with some wake boats and make friends
Old     (activeazgirl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-19-2008, 8:27 PM Reply   
good idea. thanks.
Old     (activeazgirl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-20-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
Isn't there anyone who has a boat and would like to join us? The houseboats are amazing and it cost over $3000 to rent it. All you have to do is bring your boat and we'll even all chip in for gas. Most of us are either sleeping on the huge deck with an air mattress on in a tent on the beach. We're planning on fishing, kayaking, wakeboarding etc.
Feel free to call me for more info.
Sascha
(480) 205-7913
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       05-20-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Sascha,
No disrespect intended but that won't seem very entertaining to many boat owners. Bring your boat to help shuttle people back and forth to the houseboat and take them skiing/boarding. The owner probably wont be comfortable with letting strangers or inexperienced drivers take the boat out, so that's alot of time behind the wheel taking people out. That number of people equates to a very long day out on the water for the owner. Not much of a vacation for him/her, and thats alot of use for thier boat. There's alot more on a boat owners mind than people pitching in for gas money.

Again, no disrespect but that's alot to ask from a stranger.
Old     (activeazgirl)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-20-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
Thank you everyone, we found a second boat.

Brian, thanks for your input, but just so you understand, there's also a second boat, two wave runners, kayaks and a lot of people are planning of fishing and relaxing. The house boat will moving only to get to a cove to be anchored and then back to the marina at the end of the trip, which is the only time we need to put some of the people on a different boat. So there's plenty of time to relax and not that many people will be wake boarding etc. Most of the people on the trip are strangers. That's the whole point of this group. I really don't think that anyone will be put out at all and we would make sure that wouldn't happen.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       05-20-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Sounds like it will be a great time for everyone, enjoy.