Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    invertigo            09-20-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
New to surfing...any setups for weighting an 02 x star for a good surf wake?? Thanks.
Old    dave_willyams            12-15-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
fill it full of lead, until it sinks, then buy a Super Air, then you'll have a wake worth riding behind
Old    invertigo            12-16-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
opinions are just like everyones got one. Cut the ignorance and ride dikhead!
Old    bambamski            12-19-2004, 9:24 PM Reply   
David's an idiot

Do a search, there's a couple of posts for the X-2 surfwake
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-24-2004, 9:24 AM Reply   
Actually I think the SAN puts out a pretty weak wakesurfing wake. The X2 is a lot better IMO.
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       02-24-2005, 7:37 AM Reply   
I fill all stock plus a 550# sac in the port rear plus at leaset 3 people or 250# sac up front. I find that weight in the bow is really critical. When I have the bow weighted perfectly you don't even have to try the wake is so big.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-24-2005, 8:56 AM Reply   
andrew- so you don't fill the bow 250 all the way?
Old    invertigo1            03-04-2005, 11:19 PM Reply   
Replaced stock rear tanks with 680# sacks, fill ski locker sack, 440# upfront 600# sack on wrap around seat---we dont need no stinking ocean!
Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-12-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Nacho

Let me clarify. I fill all the factory ballasts. I add a very large sac that holds 600 in the left rear and I fill it as full as I can(~550) I also have two front sacs custom plumbed under the cushions that hold about 250 total. I fill these when I don't have people. When I do I put 3 in the front. The front does two things for the x2 in my experience. It cleans up the wake face and pushes it a little farther away from the deck(also makes the boat drive a ton better). Even if I don't have much weight in the back the front is still critical for a good but small wake on the x2. Just my experience but we have been surfing behind my boat for two full summers