Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    jacob_morgan            04-12-2003, 11:46 AM Reply   
I have a 22' (I think.. 20-23' not sure) Hurrican deckboat, 95` model I believe.. With a 350 I/O engine with a yamaha outdrive.. It puts out a nice wake but all I have is a tow eye.

In the center of the rear it has a 'hole' (lack of better word) to put a cup holder table in. I don't think it can be used for a pylon but can it?

I either want a pylon or a tower. I don't know if either is possible.

The wake on it is very nice, but I would like a tower :-/

Ideas on how much it cost etc is welcomed.

also, we have a bimini top, I am ognna assume this would have to be removed? I think it be nice to keep as it does block alot of the sun on the boat but if it must go i see why ;/

Thanx in advance

Jacob
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-12-2003, 1:42 PM Reply   
Like this?

I don't see why you couldn't put a tower on any boat that size. You could do a custom tower for sure. If you're looking for cheaper options, something like the Joystick RollCage or Skyjac Mini Tower would probably work. Or how about the new MonsterTower?
Old    jacob_morgan            04-12-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
where can I get that ! Thats perfect!
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-12-2003, 5:36 PM Reply   
Look at the new x-star. Thats like a deck boat with a tower.
Old    jacob_morgan            04-12-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
is there anywhere I can get a tower liek the above that will fit? also any guess's on how much this cost all together..
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-12-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
I got that picture off of Hurricane's website so I guess it's a factory job.

I'm sure you could get any number of custom or universal towers in all sorts of styles for your boat. The one it the pic is most likely custom made for the manufacturer. One like it would proabably cost you $1500-2500.

If you go with something less fancy, like the ones I mentioned above, you can get under $1K.

I'm not sure about this tower for most boats but it looks about right for a deck boat. It's also under $1K:

http://www.bigairpylons.com/Tower.htm

Somebody might have some more specific suggestions if you tell us stuff like:

-your price range
-need to fold down?
-acceptable styles

Or yeah...like Joe said...you could just get a Deck-Star.
Old    jacob_morgan            04-12-2003, 7:54 PM Reply   
well

not sure on price range, its more so if its possible to do safely we will do it.. that doesn't mean he'll spend 5 grand on it. but i think 1k or so he would.

Also, my dad is scared of water.. He almost drowned when he wsa lil and well does NOT swim, or get in water over his knees or so. Does adding a tower add risk to flipping over your boat?

I don't care really if it folds down, or style. I am getting a rope this summer (had a walmart rope) and wanted to see bout a tower for maybe next season or getting one midway into this season.

Thanx for the help
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-12-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
Check with Hurricane, here at the Atlanta Boat Show they had a deck boat with a tower on it. Weather the Bimini will work with any tower other than that is a "possibly but probably not" situation.

A friend want a tower for his Chapparell Sunesta deck boat and when we get this done I'll post some pics.

A tower will not make a boat flip over and I would assume your dad always wears a life vest when on the boat or near water. Good luck and post some pics on whatever you do.

Bill
www.MonsterTower.com
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-13-2003, 6:22 AM Reply   
Tell your dad it's a roll cage, and he'll be safer with it on.
Old    jacob_morgan            04-13-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
ya he wears a life vest whenever he is on, one reason we have a deckboat. Its a very large boat. We own a pawn shop and have taken in a nice 8,000+ bass boat with a huge outdrive on it, He won't take a buyer on a test run, It'll be me and my mom taken him up tehre for it.

But ya we had a bayliner and he wasn't that comfortable in it so we got this. Plus the bayliner was kind of small for a 6 ppl pluse ice chest skis boards ropes tubes etc

Well thanx guys, I'll look around some more!

Jacob
Old    k2_mn            04-13-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
I looked at a Larson deck boat with an aftermarket tower. I dont know who made it but they are made. The delar said I could get one on any deck boat.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-13-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
hi, i had a 94 hurricane before my mastercraft. It was not like the pic Salmon posted it looked like a pontoon on top and a the bottom of a runabout. Im not sure the difference in a 94 and a 95. Anyway for our pylon we got one out of overtons im not sure if they still sell it. Its tallest height was 5 feet so the top of the pylon was something like 7 feet above the water. But to put it in we had to make modifications to the seats for the supports and put alot of holes in the floor for screws. It held solid and we never had problems with it even when my 190 pound dad slalom skied in the course. It worked fine.
Old    wakeboardbum247            04-14-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
i saw a deckboat with a joystick this weekend so it can b done
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-14-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
If keeping the same bimini is a requirement it will be very hard to find a tower that will work but I'm sure there out there. If you can live with a tower that will not fit your bimini ours and most other universal towers on the market will work with your boat.

I like the angle about it being a roll cage so dad will feel safer if the boat rolls over

Bill
Old    jacob_morgan            04-15-2003, 5:34 AM Reply   
Ty for all the info..

i'm getting him to spend 140 on a rope this season, maybe midway into season i can get hmi to get a tower