Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
"Broken Bones" is actually an old hardcore song by a band called The Freeze out of Boston. What you want
to hear Jim is "Every is Broken" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd. And hear it you will!

Speaking of old hardcore bands, did every one get the picture of me from 1984? Doreen says I look the same!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-04-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
Make that "Everything is Broken"
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-04-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Alex, I received the picture and agree with Doreen...you look the same. Very cool to see though!

Jim, sounds like a plan...
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-04-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Dave W. and fellow NJ wake boarders,

I absolutely plan on being there Sat. I wouldn't miss the opportunity to hang out with peeps who share a passion for my favorite past-time, even though I'm not that good. No raleys or inverts out of me tomorrow :-(

What should I bring besides Yengling, my board, G$, and my jacket??

Is there plenty of parking at the ramp?
Old    The Original            08-04-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Scott,
Plenty of parking at the ramp. Sounds like you have all the basics covered...don't forget the sunscreen!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
What the _____ is sunscreen??????? You mean they make something to stop my skin from frying? I should start wearing some
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
Awesome our group has grown again. See you tomorrow Scott.
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-04-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Dave W - I searched my email, but I don't know if I received the initial email with your phone number. Can you send it to me again. I would have posted earlier, but haven't had internet the last few days and am ripping someone's wireless right now. I will be down sometime between 8 and 9. justin.haworth@gmail.com. Thanks.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-04-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Justin H. You have mail
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2006, 6:59 AM Reply   
Hey, I just joined here and I'm looking for some local guys to ride w/. The only chance I get to ride is when I go up to upstate ny w/ my gf and that's not often enough. Any local guys willing to give me (and maybe a buddy) a tow? I'm no pro...this is my first season riding, but I'm coming from a surf/snow background, so its come pretty easy to me so far. Also, where do you guys usually ride?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-05-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
oh, forgot to mention, i'd throw down some $ for gas, bring drinks/food/whatever if you want, And have my own board
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-05-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Chris N you are a day late. We just had a real big wake board get together today. There will be more to come.

Thank you every body for making my Birthday a great day. Thanks Dave for the pulls. Michele for the cup cakes,Pops and Mom Lef for the brownies and Alex for the shirt. But most of all to the cool group of people we have for hanging out and making my day. It was nice to see Gavin and crew again.

Scott very nice to meet you. Don't be a stranger.

Lori nice to meet you as well

Thanks again to everyone I'll post pics soon.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-05-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
yea i was out on my stand up jetski and i saw every one boarding all day
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-05-2006, 7:20 PM Reply   
Hey Gerald you should had stopped over by us. We were looking for riders since we were short. You came over when we were tied up in the cove. Next time we will give you a pull.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-05-2006, 9:47 PM Reply   
ok sounds good yeah if im down on my dock feel free to stop by its right up from the florence ramp im usualy out there with elias
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-05-2006, 9:50 PM Reply   
Ok thanx George yeah and if im down on my dock when u guys r out boarding feel free to stop by my docks only like 200 yards up from florences boat ramp im uauly always down there on the jetski or hanging out.
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-05-2006, 9:52 PM Reply   
every time i go to post on here i post twice cause my computers messed up it wont let me finish what im saying
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2006, 4:00 AM Reply   
Cool I know now that you have that Jet ski.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2006, 4:50 AM Reply   
What an awesome day it was yesterday! Props to everyone who came out to enjoy some riding. Jim, hope you had a happy birthday. You couldn't have asked for a better day!

Thanks, JB for an awesome session in the morning. You ROCK!

Doug, Kevin, Charles, Justin, you guys put down some sick runs! (as always) Awesome riding by everyone else, too. :-)

For those of you going on the houseboat at the end of this month, I've started a seperate thread. "NJ riders houseboat thread". This way we can communicate better.
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-06-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Ditto to Dave W.

It was nice meeting everyone yesterday! Every single person on the thread is truly a great representative of the sport. I felt very welcome and was witness to some great wakeboarding.

You should have a birthday every Sat. Jim. I love good brownies and cupcakes. :-)

Dave W and family, thanks for the pulls and a great day! Buy the way, nice air Kyle!

Alex an Doreen, Sorry for not tying out your notoriously sick wake, I need to mentally psych myself up to get behind the "Widow Maker". Should I make sure my will is updated? :-)

}
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-06-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
well I finally got on the internet, via my parent's house!!

I'll make it short and sweet. Thanks to Dave & George & Denise for the pulls! I also loved the wakesurfing, something I want to try again.

Yesterday was an epic day in my mind, I can't think of a better day or better people to enjoy it with. Great weather, wakeboarding, and some after-boarding grub! It truly was a fantastic day!!

Thanks to all! We had a lot of fun..
Old    chrispy1            08-06-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
yeh great day to be out there. all was fun till my brilliant brother decided to drive the boat into some rocks in .5ft of water. it was a long trip back to the dock @ 3.5 mph. well maybe next season , after alot of repairs I'll be around more.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
christopher bushek. Was that you guys in the yellow Moomba Mobius V? If so you guys should have flagged us down and said Hi. Sorry to hear about the boat.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Chris sorry to hear about the boat. Denise hit one of those rocks about 10 years ago so we watch up there at low tide. Maybe we can get you out on our boat sometime?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-06-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Scott, you're welcome anytime! Awesome riding, too.

I just want to say thanks to you and others like you who put their necks on the line so that people like me can enjoy the freedom that we sometimes take for granted. Proud to be an American!!!

Chris, sorry to hear about the rocks :-( I saw you over there (out of the channel), but figured you've done that many times before. Anywhere north of Bordentown I try to stay in the channel, especially at low tide. Is it prop damage only, or more? Hopefully just prop.
Sweet looking boat, BTW.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Nice to see all you guys again this weekend, we had a lot of fun. Wish the afternoon could have been a little flatter but that was our fault for getting a late start on the day. Next time we will shoot for the 8am launch. Can't wait till the next weekend we can all get together on the river!
Old     (wakecatcher)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-07-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
WOW!!! What an amazing day Saturday was! It was so great to see all of you and meet some of you for the first time. Thank you to Alex and Doreen for the ride and the great time. At work today I can't stop thinking about wakeboarding again. Arghh!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 12:26 PM Reply   
Lets all call out sick tomorrow and do it again.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote "Lets all call out sick tomorrow and do it again"

This from the guy with the new job!!!
Old    chrispy1            08-07-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
yeh i knew it gets shallow by the mouth of that little creek , so i stayed away from it. The smarter child : brother seems to having a hearing or comprehension problem. bent prop, rudder, shaft and shaft support. as well as partially tearing the rudder out of the fiberglass, not to the point of leaking, but able to see the wood stringer supporting it i guess.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2006, 4:37 PM Reply   
Chris, do you have someone lined-up to do the repairs? My friend Lou Checchini has the Nautique dealership in Sussex county, NJ. If you want his # let me know.
Then there's the Moomba dealer in Allentown, PA.
I assume you've been dealing with him.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2006, 5:42 PM Reply   
Here is a litle video of Alex doing a midday wakeboard dance. Maybe a little too much "Happy Juice" as the kids say?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twcgeSavuJQ
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-07-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
I just had a great time Saturday, I twisted my ankle but that wasnt enough to make it a bad day. I should be ready to ride the next time we go out.
Old    The Original            08-07-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Yes ppl, that is a legitimate tube in that video...Watch With Caution!!! But Doug was the licky guy of the day to see what it's like to be just 10feet from a guy going 25mph pulling HS 180's and roastbeef's. The perspective from a tube is absolutely killer. For those of you that saw it, you know. If you have never experienced it...I can only say you REALLY don't know what your missing!

Heres a little taste...2xboarder_Tuber_Mayhem

Yes Sat was a fantastic day! Good riding, good friends and the weather was nearly perfect! I for one had a redeemable run in the morning...glad I did cause my afternoon run stunk!

Gavin, great to see you out there and finally get to talk face to face.

Lori, you faceplant like now ones business. Not only did she faceplant, but did it like twice in a row! Shes a trooper though and redeemed herself with managing to gain more air everytime she went over the wake, it was a cool sight to see!

Scott, pleasure to meet you and glad you had a good time. The best part of the season is coming up, Sept. Warm water, warm weather and no crowds in many places...we'll be looking forward to some more of your company.

Micah says hi to everyone!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-08-2006, 3:15 AM Reply   
Gavin, jobs come and go,but great days on the water like these past 2 aren't as plentyful.

Yep to much happy juice for Alex.

George & Denise thanks again for the wake surfing run. That was so cool.Hopefully some of the pictures Justin took came out.

I'm ready to ride again right now. My skin is starting to itch for the water.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
tube shots look sick....as does Alex's happy dance!

want to give a shot out to JB, i saw fusion TV reporting on the Wisco tour stop and plenty of coverage of JB on the mic (and parks on the grill). he holds it down like a champ.

this is a shot i had from last week, mid 540.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-08-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
maybe this time....Upload
Old     (prostar87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-08-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakecatcher)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-09-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Faceplant??!!? I don't know what you are talking about. I never faceplanted...ha!!! I think Doug got some good pictures of it to prove it!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Lori, it sounds like you were a victim of the widow maker
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-10-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
Why is this thread so quiet this week?
Old    The Original            08-10-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
Were to cool to post!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-10-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
I've been meaning to post but I've just been crazy busy! Plus, after the clip of me dancing in Bordentown
what's really left for me to say?!

This weekend's wakeparty is in Avalon; The Avalon Avalanche, I think. While chit chatting the other
night we came-up with a rough count of 16 people so far, distributed into two boats. Anyone else up for
towing down for a day out on the Avalon brine?

I dinged my prop while launching at low tide at Bordentown last Saturday, so I'llbe changing my prop this
Saturday at around 7:00am, I'll start heading south around 7:30, drop my dinged prop off at Tuckerton
Propeller at 8:00, then head to Avalon and hopefully get there around 9:00am. Once there I'll launch
and the Avalon Avalanche will be underway! If more people show-up than the two boats can handle at
one time, we talked about possibly setting-up a home base area on the little beach area and sort of make
that the home base where we can pick-up and drop off riders. This could be pretty cool actually.

So if you're heading down to Avalon this Saturday, see you there! If not, see you whenever.
If you need directions or anything, just give me a call.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-11-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Small Avalon Avalanche update: While the official kick-off time isn't until 1:00pm, I'm probably
going to be rolling into Avalon around 9:00. So far Brian & Annette, Lori and Charles will be meeting us
at the beach sometime around 9:00 or 10:00. So if you find yourself in Avalon prior to the official 1:00pm
kick-off time, head down to the beach and give us a wave. If we're not right there at the beach,
we won't be far!
Old    The Original            08-11-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
Email me if you would like directions to my place
KG
kevingeary@gmail.com
Old    The Original            08-15-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
WOW, suprised no one has posted yet about the weekend...I hope everyone had a nice time?

I for one had a great time. It was great to all get together again and tear up the shoe! Karen and I really enjoyed everyones company.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-15-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
We had a great time!!! Annette landed a very clean HS W2W jump out behind the Widow Maker (Stoked!)…

Doreen & Alex, thanks again for having us out, we had a lot of laughs.. But I have to tell you I have come down with a severe case of Wake Envy!

Also thanks to KG & Karen for having us at your house, what a great set you have.

We spent the Sunday and Monday wakeboarding in the bay around OC behind the Jet Skis of folks who own the down stairs section of the house we are staying in. Not an ideal setup but it has been fun just getting out there messing around.

The best part is that their 12 year old daughter is now hooked on wakeboarding, with Annette and me helping she got up and starting cursing on about her 6th attempt. She had that ear to ear grin that says it all.

See you all Soon,,,,
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-15-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
Oh yeah! The Avalon Avalanche was a great time! While the mid-day Horseshoe was ridiculously crowded and
rideable (and practiaclly unnavigatable), the afternoon and evening Horseshoe was excellent. Hanging-out
at the beach was pretty good too! Just check-out this little gem of a photo:
Upload

And in addition to the boarding, the mid-day and late night hang-outs at Kevin & Karen's were preemo
good times. For comparison, When the riding and barbecueing in Bordentown ends, we usually get home around
9:30/10:00pm. After Kevin & Karen's Avalon Avalanche, we didn't get home until 1:30! Now that's a party!
Yes, top shelf thank yous to Kevin & Karen for hosting a very memorable wakefest/eatfest/
beerfest/pizzafest/cigarfest, and most importantly, friendfest. Now if I could just learn to
test message faster...

Brian & Annette: You're totally welcome for the day out on the Super Air, and we look forward to doing it
again soon!

Our plans for this weekend are still kind of undetermined. I'm thinking Bordentown and Doreen's
thinking LifeTime channel. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things pan-out.
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2006, 8:20 PM Reply   
Hello everyone! I'm back from the West coast after two weeks in the California and Oregon sun. I got to do a good deal of wakeboarding, fishing, hiking, lovemakeing and soul searching and it was great. I even got to surf on the Oregon coast which was frickin freezing but really fun. Whats everyone been up to Alex? Doug? KG? Justin? I can't wait to see everyone and have another day on the water.
Doug- if you wanna go surfing sometime (or I should say, take me surfing with you) I'd love to go, I'm not very good, but would love to go out and try it again.
Take care everyone!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-16-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
WE DID IT...JUSTIN AND I FINALLY HAVE THE INTERNET AND CABLE AT HOME...WOOHOO!!
Finally we're in the loop again! We'll have a link to some photos from Jim's Birthday Bash and all posted in no time.

What an awesome week of boarding we had. After work on both Tuesday and Thursday we had much appreciated pulls from both Dave and George. And what a great time on Saturday! Thanks so much to Kevin and Karen for having us. It was an amazing time (and thanks to Annette I will soon be receiving both sandals and a hair cut)

Sounds like you had a great time Cole. Hopefully we'll see you soon!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
hey people i had a lot of fun this weekend:-)
sorry i missed the after party, but you guys get enough of me anyway.

Lori and justin- I am swamped with the new jobs, however i do plan on sending the pics this weekend.

Cole- Surf should pick up pretty good in september. Let me know about your job traveling situation. Glad to hear you had a good timein oregon

Alex- I have a little present for you, nothing special but needed, so don't get your hopes up too much
Old     (wakecatcher)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
What an amazing weekend! Brian and Annette, it was great to meet you. Alex and Doreen, thanks again for the pull and great times. No faceplants, yeah! Karen and Kevin, thanks for being great hosts! Hey Alex, nice picture, but where is the caption we talked about? :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-17-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
Ha-ha Lori! I just KNEW you were going to say something about the absence of that caption! Yes folks,
at the time that picture of Annette, Lori and I was taken, it was decided that it should be titled
"Why Alex Owns a Boat!" That kills me!! However, at the time it just didn't seem to "work" with the context
and the tone of the rest of that post.

A little but needed present, huh Doug? Hmmm. Other than a new tow vehicle, a hairline or orthodontia,
what do I need that I don't already have? Hmmm. I really don't know. A new bottle opener for the boat to
replace the mermaid? A Geary Tech designed soap buddy holder? The guts to start huckin' inverts? 1960s style
clear vinyl upholstery covers to mummify the Super Air? Any one else have any guesses?
And by the way Doug, I still have the Nikon's lens cap in the boat.

This Saturday's plans are still uncertain. I'm still not sure if I'm going to be dodging river debris
in Bordentown or pushing the cart while I follow Doreen around The Pottery Barn.
Old     (wakecatcher)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
I just had to write...Brian, I just got your tagname and I laughed so hard. That's awesome! :-)

Doug, no worries.

Alex, Pottery Barn sure can be fun!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
We went out last night and our boat died on the river. Lucky a NJ Patrol boat was out and they towed us to a local dock. Talking to them, they said a lot of boats are having problems with the 10% ethanol mix in the gas. I checked the fuel filter expecting it to be clogged but it looked good. At this point the boat is off to our local mechanic. So we are down for at least a week.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
George, that stinks! Hope it's nothing major.
Nice that the patrol towed you in though.

I've wondered about that 10% ethanol mix myself. I think they say not to keep much gas sitting around in your tank, but to keep it as fresh as possible. Sounds like yours is a different problem though.

I'd offer-up a pull, but we won't be in the river until after labor day weekend. After that I'll be back in the river to take advantage of those nice september/october days.
Old     (elo)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
george, thats what happend to mine i think,and it keeps happening, when ever it happens we disconnect the fuel line and let the gas drain out of in fuel line and drain into a cup. then we put it back on and it runs fine. i have heard alot of people saying that they need to get new fuel tanks in there sail boats because it can eat through the old tank with the new mix. but now my boat is having cooling issues again so im more worried about that.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-18-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
George, was there any warning signs or was this the first time you had any problems? The Malibu runs just as good as the day I brought her home and my gas sit around a lot. I only have 18 hours on the boat this year.

Is anybody else going out tomorrow?
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
We had not warning signs. We were pulling my Daughter and the boat felt like we put the brakes on. It would start and idle then just quit. No power at all. Our boat has the EFI engine with norstar ignition on it. So I am lost with that. Not like the old days of a carb and no electronics.
Old    klink            08-18-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Could it have possibly been vapor lock? Here's a post about a similar incident the BoatUS forum. http://www.myboatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=57588&PN=1

If you really think it could be the Ethanol, they have a whole section on it. http://www.myboatus.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=142
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2006, 6:46 PM Reply   
George, could be a bad fuel pump. I've read on the MC message board that they can go bad even on the newer boats. The pump is located in the tank, and you should be able to hear it running as soon as you turn on the key. Also check for a relay, breaker or fuse that runs the fuel pump.

Is the boat still at your place, or at the repair shop? If you have more questions, the MC dealer in N.C. has always been helpful to me over the phone. (Mastercraft of Charlotte)
You might want to give them a call with a explaination of the problem.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-21-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Doreen, Connor and I hit Bordentown Saturday morning and the conditions were great. We all boarded to
our hearts' content, anchored in a cove for lunch, boarded some more, and we were done by around 3:30.
I timed it so neither launching or pulling-out would be done at low tide and the van handled the work
without a problem. It was a really good day! A boat full of people is always a good time and always a
bigger wake, but just the three of us out there meant all the boarding time we could handle. It was nice.

Scott called mid-day looking for a pull, but we were already planning our last runs of the day. Check-in
earlier next time Scott! We certainly had the room.

Any word from Lori? Is she on her way to California to begin her new life yet? I still haven't
made her the "fried rice and rib tips" music mix yet.

I know the focus is sort of shifting to the house boat trip now, but I didn't want this thread
to go idle for too long.
Old     (wakecatcher)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-21-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
I am still here. I start driving to Cali on August 31st and I would love some "grape soda and cheese curls" for my drive if you could hook me up.

Thank you to Alex and Doreen for inviting me into this great group of wakeboarders. You are warm and caring people and I really appreciate you allowing me to board with you.

Have an awesome time on the houseboat! :-)
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Alex,

Is there another Scott? I ended up flying to Key West for the weekend, so whoever called you, it wasn't me.

Scott
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Lori, so your going to relocate, huh? Somehow I don't think I heard about this.
Anyway, best of luck to you, and it was great to meet you and hang-out at the cove.

I bet you eventually get yourself one of those pimped-out california wakeboats, right? (If so, may a bum a pull if I ever get out there sometime?)
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-22-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
2 days and counting!
Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-22-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Jim im back from the carribean...we should ride sometime..i havent riden in like 2 or 3 weeks due to a smashed toe..but i would love to get out on the water asap.
Old    The Original            08-22-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
Whoa wait a minute?

Scott you didn't call me on Sat? Rut-row we have a dilema.

OK, jokes over then, who called me looking for a pull on Sat. I hope they check this thread soon. Although embarrassed, I'd really like to know who I confused with Scott over the weekend. My apologies!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-22-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
Just in case you're wondering, wakeworld readers, here's how the this story unfolded, from my
perspective anyway:
I was driving the Super Air, cranking The Blast Master 5000 and pulling Doreen. My cell phone rings and
someone starts talking. But with everything going on I told the caller I'd have to call him back.
On thing I did hear him say was that Kevin gave him my number and suggested that he give me a call.
So, before I called this mystery person back I called Kevin to get the story. Kevin told me it was Scott and
that he was looking for a pull, to which I responded something to the effect of "Great. No problem."
So I called the guy back thinking it was Scott! You know, I was giving him the "Yeah Mans" and "Sure Bros"
and the whole "Call me earlier next time and we'll definitely hook-up" shiz. Oh man. Who was I talking to??
This funny, but kind of scary at the same time. I think I'm going to go to my out going calls list and
call that number again just to get to the bottom of this Scooby Do mystery.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2006, 12:05 PM Reply   
Ok, the mystery has been solved. In Bordentown a few weeks back Kevin struck-up a conversation with a
crew who were riding behind some sort of crazy Bay Liner or something with a home made high pole. It seems
their crazy boat closely resembled one of Kevin's early wakeboard fiesta pleasure cruisers. By the end of
Kevin's pow-wow with these guys Kevin gave them his cell number and a loose invitation to get together
and ride some day. Well, one of those guys, Shaun, acted on that invitation this past Saturday and
called Kevin looknig for a pull. Kevin then, thinking it was Scott, redirected Shaun to me, knowing I
was closer and already on the river. A pretty funny course of events! I figured this all out by calling
Shuan's number in my out going call archive. And by the end of our conversation Shaun was look to hook-up
THIS weekend! Of course, I told him we're all heading to central PA this weekend and to perhaps try us again
sometime in mid-September. Holy F. Can you believe it's almost September already??
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-23-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Well I have a bad fuel pump on my boat. We have the boat at out local shop. He is not a Mastercraft Dealer and the pump is only avaiable through Mastercraft, even thought it is a Carter pump. He called Mastercraft who directed him to call a dealer. He did not tell me the dealer but they were going to charge him $525 for just the pump. I called around and got one from Texas Matercraft for $300. Still pricey but better then $525. Mastercraft has some sort of racket going on! I wish I could mark stuff up that high. So hopefully we will be back on the water shortly.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
George, I had a feeling it was a bad fuel pump.

I'd like to know what dealer was ready to soak you for $525 instead of $300! I know those pumps are not cheap. I've heard a tip about cars never let your gas tank get too close to empty, causes the pump to run hot without that cool gasoline around it to keep it cool. Maybe same holds true for boats too.

Anyway, hope you get back in the water soon.

Over 5 years on the original pump is not bad though. Nothing last forever.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
HEY Dave Shrom, I'm hoping to go out on Monday with a buddy of mine. You are welcome to come along. Let me know.
Old    shrom_in_the_609            08-23-2006, 3:20 PM Reply   
Jim wat time are you planning on heading out...i have work from 9 to 3 but get back to me asap in case i need to change it or just take off...
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
Alex and KG,

Cool!

I'm glad the mystery is solved and I'm not going senile. I was thinking to myself, "I didn't start drinking till later on Saturday night" and "do I even have their number in my phone".

I'd love to go out with you guys after you return from PA.

Have a great time out there!
Old     (jetpilotmss)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 6:17 PM Reply   
Let me rephrase that last statement.

I'd love to go out "on the boat" with you guys after you return from PA.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-23-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
Scott LOL

Dave Shrom, we are leaving my house around 9:30 am and have to be back by 4:30 for my friend.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2006, 2:47 PM Reply   
Well I just got the new issue of wake boarding magazine and we are on page #150. SWEET!
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       08-24-2006, 3:08 PM Reply   
can you scan the page and post it?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-24-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
George you have mail.