Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-23-2003, 10:03 PM Reply   
I just watched the video footage from the morning the San Diego fires started. Here's a short vid I quickly put together. The sky is crazy as you will see and Ryan McDaniel (Rider in video) has an amazing faceplant.

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9504

Old    lachlantait            11-23-2003, 10:16 PM Reply   
OMG as zoolander would say.... "OH Snap how do you live"
thats a pretty crazy faceplant!
pain pain pain
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-24-2003, 1:13 AM Reply   
wow. that backdrop is amazing looking. perennial dusk.

and ya, what a faceplant!
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-24-2003, 7:29 PM Reply   
No wonder Ryan was babbling like a 2 year old when I talked to him later that day. YOUCH! The big 180 is still one of my favorite tricks to see live (even though he didn't land that one). Mr. Style.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       11-24-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
NICE RIDING!!!!! That faceplant is making me hurt all the way over here.
Old    throwinatantrum            11-30-2003, 12:50 PM Reply   
i bet your face felt good after that one, cool video
Old    wakelvr            11-30-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
The smoke really made for some interesting light effects...

Good job on the video Brian, and some nice riding from Ryan. Ouch on the faceplant! Brian, did you ride and how's the knee? I thought Ryan was you a couple of times in the video:-)

Say hi to Mel:-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-30-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
Perfect Circle Jerks musical accompaniment.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-30-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
Stefani, that was all Ryan. He was having a not so good day but I figured the sky and some crashes would make for an interesting video.

The knee is the same. Since nothing showed up on the MRI I have to lay off to see if its just a bad sprain. If it is, it the pain/problem should go away. If not, It looks like I'll have to get it scoped. So I am just skating right now minus the W2W stuff. Although I am completely aware that I can still hurt it doing that, I just can't completely stay off the water.

Alex: thanks, glad someone recognized it!