Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-03-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
For the few that need to have the most expensive boat on the water(or the land) the Aguada is just for you for a cool $234,000--$500,000, depending on where you purchase it. It will do 30mph and has perfect pass. From the little I caught on video the wake looks decent considering the unconventional hull design. Whoever is the first to pull a ride behind one of these must post a pic ASAP.
http://www.timesofoman.com/newsdetails.asp?newsid=40500
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       09-03-2003, 6:22 PM Reply   
lol, jets boats don't throw good wakes!!
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-03-2003, 7:51 PM Reply   
ahh yes.......

you yanks need to understand that us kiwis will throw a jet pump on anything.

i am going to hold out for the sport utility version though!

however, with over 60 patented technologies invested in this car, something tells me they might start showing up at correct craft dealerships next spring (with towers of course)!

(Message edited by h20jnky on September 03, 2003)
Old    mike_rennie            09-03-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
That's the car that can go in the water right? I saw that on CNN earlier today. When I saw it the first thing I thought was, CAN YOU WAKEBOARD BEHIND IT!!!, it looks pretty cool and goes pretty fast if I had the money I would want one.
Old    doubleupcrow            09-03-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
Are you sure it could pull somebody out of the water? Even if it can go 30mph, does it have enough torque?
peace
Derrick
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2003, 12:32 AM Reply   
oooooooooo I wanna try!!! Although getting in the Thames probably isn't very good for your health, I think it would be worth it!!!!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2003, 3:42 AM Reply   
I would love to get a pull behind that thing, I thought the same as Mike when I saw it on CNN. Bring a board, towel, and a change of clothes to combine the commute to work with dawn patrol on the lake or river. Finally - news worth watching...
Old    phimple            09-04-2003, 6:56 AM Reply   
You could board on the way to work, then again would it fit in the parking building with the tower up?

It raises alot of other questions like:

Do Wakeboards stay on the racks at 160mph?
What is it like in big surf?
Where do you put the ballast tanks?
Does it come in a bowrider?
Does it have to be registered as a boat and a car?

Taken to the full extreme if it works well it saves you having to own two vehicles so is it worth twice the money?

Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-04-2003, 10:21 AM Reply   
I say we grab a few design engineers from this site (I know they are out there...)get someone to invest some money and put the tower, ballast tanks, perfect pass, and everything else on one of these things. It must be done. I agree with Phimple - the tower will have to hinge of course. So who's with me?
Old    grizzle            09-04-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
Perfect timing... I totaled my car on Sat. on the way to the lake. My board and myself survived unscathed !
Old    viabaja            09-04-2003, 10:47 AM Reply   
Mike,

I want one! Where can I buy it? Think a tower can be mounted??

c
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-04-2003, 10:50 AM Reply   
My father, who after retiring from the LAPD entered into the car business, had a quote, "there is an ass for every seat".
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-04-2003, 12:03 PM Reply   
Do you think it has a bilge pump? How about a Anchor Light?
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-04-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
Can you see it, throw a wakeboard on a skateboard and have the car pull you from land to water, man I gotta try it!! I say we all pool our money for the better good of the wakeboarding community!
Old    sickboy            09-04-2003, 3:55 PM Reply   
http://www.aquada.co.uk/

Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-04-2003, 3:57 PM Reply   
With all the connections Dave Williams has made over the years maybe the manufacturers could be convinced to donate one to him? Yea, right!

Everyone could take turns riding behind it as Dave tours the country(sorry Kristian) promoting the WW site and this new car....boat.....amphibious vehicle?!?

How about the first time you drive it down a ramp in front of shocked spectators as they wonder, "why is that drunk driving into the lake?"

I don't think you would want to put any more ballast in it. The additional weight of a tower and passengers might just put it at the edge of "floatability."

Ryan, if it showed up at any dealer you're right, it would be Correct Craft. They have experience with big ticket items and their customers for the most part have a little something to spend, unlike me.

Tony, there isn't a bilge pump. If you're taking on water you just haul ass to the nearest shore, drive out and pull the plug!

Imagine, no more launching and retrieving. I'll miss all the ramp entertainment of inexperienced trailerists(and sliding uncontrollably on slick ramps).

Chris, if you have the money to buy one...........well then...do I have an investment opportunity for you! There's this really nice piece of land by the Salton Sea with a slip--ahh nevermind.

Ted, I guess that's our lot in life. Anything we see drop in the water we immediately want to figure out a way to get a pull behind it!!

You know, if you put a tower on this thing then you could conceivably put a deck on top of the tower and gain a third benefit, a viewing area for the racetrack. Everyone else is jammed in with their RV's and there you are, in your multitask Aguada!

Old     (sdrider)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-04-2003, 6:16 PM Reply   
Mark, thanks for the link. Nice video. She turns gracefully on the water and throws a healthy roostertail.
http://www.aquada.co.uk/
Old    wicomico            09-09-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
i think that picture is just a mazda miata that was driven off a bridge bc the guy driving was tired of people making fun of him for driving a miata.
i wonder if i could land a whirlybird 720 on it? (considering i couldn't land it on an xstar, unless landing on my face counts)