Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-14-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
I apologize if this has been hashed thru previously, but below is the link for a previous wakeworld article on weights:

http://www.wakeworld.com/Articles/2003/Weight.asp

According to this article, virtually every wakeboard boat I have seen or read about on this and other bulletin boards MUST be drastically overloaded. What I don't believe is that this seems extremely unreasonable. I have a 2004 Mobius LSV that I typically fill two bags next to the engine (each approx. 350 lbs), I fill the ski locker bag (which is supposed to be approx. 500 lbs), and I put an approx. 300 lb sac in the bow of the boat. This equals 1500 lbs of weight, not counting gear and passengers. I usually have at least 100 lbs of gear and 700 lbs of passengers meaning my total weight is in 2300 lbs of boat load. My boat shows a rating of 10 passengers or 1500lbs which means I am 800 lbs overloaded. Yet, the boat is not low in the water, I don't get any waves over the bow, nor over the stern. My swim platform is approx. 8-10 inches below the surface of the water, however. The boat does not steer or perform like it is overloaded. Does this make sense.