Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-12-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
Grant, (and everyone else who has produced these super clean stereo installs)
What drugs do you take to keep the patience you need to build such unbelievable systems??? My patience ran out on the first day when I was running the speaker wire through the tower!!!
I applaud your skills and knowledge, but I applaud your willingness to take the time to do it right, even more!
}
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       05-12-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Building a killer system can get real frustrating, but it's the passion behind the work that keeps you going
Old    whitechocolate            05-12-2005, 1:32 PM Reply   
LOL: My friends have noticed. I have NO patience for lots of things like most of us, and then on the other had lots of patience for this type of thing.

Once you have done somthing like this, like a install few time you relize that if you would have taken your time in most cases you would have done a better job, That might be spending time looking at how your going to lay somthing out or how your going to do it before you even pick up a tool. Best bet is to not try to do somthing your not familiar with in a rush. Even with my experiance, I still take forever, Some people are super quick and can figure things out very fast, and put things together in a hurry and not mess it up, The guy your shaking hands with in you profile pic is a good example.

If you take the time anyone can create increadble stuff, Its all about how much patience you have,
I noticed way back when (High School) that all the older guys had the cool stff, "Why" it wasnt a money thing, There car's and toy's were always just a step above what ever I came up with. I figured out it was because they had way more patience them me. And they took the time to do things correct its the little things that make the differance, When your 18 its hard to learn patience, you want it now. Like the saying goes you want it "RIGHT" or do you want it "RIGHT NOW"

I hated when I rushed threw somthing in the winter time (when there was plenty of time to do it right that might mean re-doing it over and over again) only to have to look at the mistakes I made all summer and think about how I was going to have to re-do it because I rushed, So the time you saved rushing, you now wasted haveing to re do it, plus haveing to explane your mistakes and tell everyone your planning on doing it over agin next time, BLA BLA BLA. Do it once do it right or at least the best you can.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-12-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
grant,
you should consider being a life coach or motivational speaker? i have a household of 3 women who could learn from your wisdom and patience for doing things right the first time...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-12-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
Pete,
try de-caf. it might help you out a bit with your patience.
Old    robertt            05-12-2005, 6:52 PM Reply   
The old saying...

Fast
Quality
Cheap

Pick two.
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2005, 6:12 AM Reply   
Thomas,

It's not the caffeine, it's the ephedrine jitters that are getting to me!!!!!!
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2005, 6:19 AM Reply   
It's just like get the best don't mess with the rest.
If you spend the time/money to do it right the first time you won't be doing it twice.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (caffeineguy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2005, 6:53 AM Reply   
Chris,

Thanks for the quick response on my Gator Grip order. Looks great!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2005, 11:10 PM Reply   
When i start getting frustated & feeling like I want to rush I remind myself that the process is more fun than the result & try to enjoy the moment.
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-15-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Grant,
Did Jason get his tower box set up done?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-15-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
When it come to decisions like drilling in the boat hull I tend to make all my measurements, mark the holes, lay everything out then sleep on it. It's amazing how your subconscious works figuring things out if it's given a little time to kick in.
Old    whitechocolate            05-16-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
the latest Patience project. LOL

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-16-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
I agree with grant 100%. Course I'd be a moron not to. You have to live with what you install. Whether its mounting an amp properly or just hooking it up so can hear it jam and then letting it move around under your backseat everytime you slam the breaks on in your car. If you use good equipment, and hook it up right (and make it loud enough so that you don't "outgrow" it) a system can last you for a while. So take the time, have a little patience, do it right and you'll be happy with it for a long time. You can either zip-tie the wire right up the tower and be done, or take the time to run it through the tower. (i know its a pain, i just did mine). Alright BoatBeat, where the hell are four screens going?
Old    whitechocolate            05-17-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
NACHO: 2 Of the LCD mirriors are for Jude's X-9

One is going to be a shop display and the 4th one with be used to make a mold, So it dosent take me 40 Hrs to make one mirrior,
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-17-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Grant,

Have you/are you hooking these to a video camera on a tracker to watch your rider?

hijack off
Old    whitechocolate            05-18-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
It's been a while since I layed up some carbon fiber, So I decided to get warmed up on a smaller trim peice before I got started on the mirriors.

Old    whitechocolate            05-18-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
This is the trim that holds the Volt meter and 2 balast gauges