Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-09-2005, 6:51 AM Reply   
I have a two year old dual-axle SMP trailer. I've put the boat back in the water fine (its in a dock for the summer, garage in the winter), but when I went to park the trailer back, the rear tires' disc brakes would lock up after backing up a few feet. This happened whether I had the electic connection set up to the car or not. They are trailer buddy disc brakes.

Anybody have this experience or know what's going on? Thanks!
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-09-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
I had that problem a few years ago. The reverse solinoid(sp) isn't getting the signal it tell it your going backwards on purpose.
For me, it was a bad ground (white wire). But it could also be the signal wire(blue). Look for corosion at any terminals or any connecter crimps. Get a cheap test light. DO NOT poke holes in the wires. If you do, in a year your going to have lots of wiring problems. Start at the plug at the truck and check for power at the reverse wire. Follow that wire to the master cylinder and check for power again. It can only be two wires so finding the problem shouldn't be to hard.
Good luck, Joe
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-10-2005, 7:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-10-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
I had a problem like that but it was the hitch...it was sittin too low so when I would back up the drive way it will back up to the certain point end then stop.Not that this is your problem but if you can't find any faulty wires.Check the hight of your tow hitch.people say it needs to be between 17 and 19 inches but I think it depends on you suspension.Mine is at 23 inches and nomore problems!
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-11-2005, 10:36 AM Reply   
Thanks too. We were able to move the trailer around by hand with no problem and the Mazda Tribute we used to tow does not have the leveling-out shocks (whatever those are actually called).
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
Gerald, that was because you were not pushing on the trailer coupler(surge brake coupler) like the truck does when backing up, definitely sounds like a bad electrical connection since it rolls easily by hand