Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-27-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
I'm going to Block Island RI this week and out of curiosity am wondering if there is a wakeboard community up there?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       07-28-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
I live in the neck of the woods and used to cross to Block Island in a 54' sportfish.

I didn't see wakeboarding happening there. Maybe there are bays that you could ride in. What are you trying to ride behind - let alone make the cross in?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
I love Block Island. My uncle used to own a house there and we used to go every summer. Man i miss that place. Unfortunately this was waaaaay before i started riding so I would not be able to help with riding but i would think if you looked around enough you would be able to find a pull somewhere. I would say maybe go down to the marina.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-28-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
yeah, i'm only gonna be there for a couple days, so i doubt i'll ride, i was just curious if wakeboarding is existant there cuz it seems like a cool little town on the water. Oh well, ill have my skateboard with me....
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-29-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
I am in RI and there is defanitly no riding on Block Island. I do know of a guy who pops up on WW here and there looking for a third. I belive he rides in Portsmouth, RI which is a ferry ride, and then a 15-20 minute ride from there depending on where he actually is. By the way the ferry ride is about an hour I think.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-29-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
Yup. I remember the ferry ride being about an hour.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-29-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone now that I'm here I see there is now place to ride. Cool town/island though.
Old     (skatehawk11)      Join Date: May 2008       07-29-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone now that I'm here I see there is now place to ride. Cool town/island though.