Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-12-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
I was wondering what you guys think. Switch is the better boat (wake, space, ride, build quality, ect). The Gravity Games Edition Supra SSV or the Sanger V210 or 215. They are all around the same price. Let me hear your feed back!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       10-13-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
Unless you really like the "stickers" and color scheme on the gravity games boat, I think the gravity games edition is a waste of money. The gravity games packages also dates the boat very bad. With that being said I luv my 22SSV. I wish it had a tad more storage. I never use the double-up seating in mine, and could use the extra storage space taken up by it. I've only heard good things about the sangers
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2005, 6:31 AM Reply   
both beautiful boats. test them and see what you like better. which dealer is better? which dealer is closer? which dealer will get you in quicker for service in the summer?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-13-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
Jason,
If you want a pro size wake, I think Supra offers the best value. Like Diggs they all look good but if your like most of us we all use more than standard ballast and with the SSV you can swap for the GG Bags and never step on or see extra fat sacs again. Fill with the flick of a switch.
Old    stillstandin            10-13-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
I love my V215. Lots of storage, great wake, excellant value. Second to none on quality. With that being said, if somebody took my Sanger away, and told me I had to pick a different boat. The Supra 21V would be my pick. Both great brands. I would listen to the guys that say, go with the better dealer, service depts etc. You will be happy with both boats.
Old     (kcsideways)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-13-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
The 24SSV is GG boat for '06.
Gravity Games package includes a special gelcote spray pattern with Reuben Red main stripe and Granite accents, Gravity sponsor decal package, Blackwood dash and driver's side console, red anodized swivel wakeboard racks, red anodized 4 speaker light bar with LED downlighting, red anodized glovebox insert, satin nickel dash package with red anodized aluminum billet inserts, and a new semi-rigid tower-mounted "cargo" bimini suntop design.

http://www.supraboats.com/2006-preview.html Supra 2006 model preview webpage

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-13-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
Jason;

That is a tight race, Both are great boats and each has some qualities better than the other. Pound for Pound in Ballast Supra carries more weight and with only stock ballast (Gravity package included) Supra has a larger wake. Equaly weighted I lean a little more towards the 215 wake but not by much. The 210 with 2000lb + is just ridculous. But the 210 then becomes a drivers nightmare to keep water out of the nose. The Supra in the past was a little more detailed in trim but for 06 Sanger has steped up to a very nice billet package and the bling factor has been added so I call that a wash. Supra's swivel racks are nice but have some issues with longevity not the quality they appear. Performance Sanger wins hands down. Over all construction I believe Sanger edges out the Supra in construction. Sanger is a more solid boat on the water and off.
Now if your looking for Wake specific then I give Supra the slight edge. If you don't worry about anyone watersking then Supra wins, even with the hydraulic wake plate Supra's wake dosen't lay down for the waterskier.
So your pretty equal in your choice the real decission should come by sitting in both and driving them then some how you will like on more than the other. Price should be vey close between the two. Good luck with your search and which ever you decide on you will love it in the end.
Old     (imiguy68)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-13-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
i am not really sure about the sanger. But the 22ssv is a great boat. supra has had this hull in production, since 2001, nothing has changed, except cosmetics. this being said it must have a great wake, good ride, and built to the best of quaility. like mister curtis said, you can get a standard 22ssv, and save money, and then just upgrade to the GG bags.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-13-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Gary, I'm not one to get into boat owners arguments as they're beyond dumb and I've never been in a Sanger living in Texas (but do hear good things), but I'm curious why you say "Performance Sanger wins hands down." Can you elaborate? What do you mean by performance?

Anyways, I agree both are great boats. It would come down to the dealer/cost for me personally.
Old    stillstandin            10-13-2005, 10:52 AM Reply   
Ive been in both, Ill elaborate. The Sanger is the best handling, best riding v-drive on the market. It handles chop better than any other inboard that ive ever been in. The V215 handles better than most direct drive boats.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-13-2005, 11:42 AM Reply   
Traditionally, the Sanger will also have a higher top end than any boat equiped with the same engine
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-13-2005, 12:04 PM Reply   
Ah, nevermind. I was hoping for a little more than owners saying it's the best because they say so.

Anyways, I would defintely look elsewhere if a major concern of yours is how it handles in rough water. I've been in quite a few other v-drives that handle chop far better than an SSV. Fortunately I don't ride in rough water and rarely ever have to drive through it.
Old    stillstandin            10-13-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
Stanfield, I completely understand, I demoed a lot of boats before I made my decision. Rough water was important to me do to spending a majority of my time on Don Pedro, and the occasional trip to the river.

But dont get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Supra. A good friend of mine is in the market for a new boat, and doesnt want to get the same thing I have. I have convinced him on the 21V.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-15-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
so you can even slalom ski behind V210 or 215?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-16-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
I have been in a pro v a air warrior and an avalanche and the best boat so far for rough water was the moomba xlv sliced right thru Im not bias just saying.